SASS Wire Forum

It's Beginning

Savages. We suffer the same randomness here. They dont care that without power, our well dependent town has no water. We installed a generator to power the ranch at no small expense just so our well can pump and we can save our food. We usually get outages in the 36-48 hour duration regularly. 

We have been lucky where I live. We have Edison power and they are really good about keeping trees cleared from power lines and they are constantly maintaining their lines and poles. 

When I lived in Elk Grove up by Scaramento PG&E wasn’t exactly real concerned about things when there were power issues. 

50 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Arrgh! It went off again. Then, came back up in about a minute.

There must have been something on TV they didn’t want you to see.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

Wonder if the governor was without power.

No need to get all pissy-politcal.  As I understand it Miss Allie lives in the Sierra Foothills,  I don't know who her provider is. 

A lot of the Foothill and mountain areas in N. California are under a Red Flag fire warning.  I live in Santa Rosa,  Sonoma County.   We have power go out 2 or 3 times a year just due to trees falling,  people hitting poles, or transformers blowing. 

Her description sounds more like a physical problem with equipment rather than a Planned Power Outage.

Is there some kind of codes that prevent whole house or portable generators from being installed or used. I realize that whole house generators are expensive, probably even more so in California but as much as the power companies pull the plug on ya'll....I'd want something.

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

................. maybe their power was out too .......   :unsure:

Nope.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Is there some kind of codes that prevent whole house or portable generators from being installed or used. I realize that whole house generators are expensive, probably even more so in California but as much as the power companies pull the plug on ya'll....I'd want something.

No codes. We have a Generac propane whole house generator and a smaller gas Honda 6500 that we use at night or when we don't need the A/C. I also take the Honda for my trailer.

7 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Nope.

............................................................................................................................................................ are you sure ?????   :huh:

Archived