SASS Wire Forum

Available external hammer coach guns spotted

Ezra Hawthorne

I had the Norinco version (JW2000, if I recall correctly) here in Canada. I paid $350.00 Canadian for it.

Heavy, built like a tank, but finishing of the hammers left something to be desired. I sliced my thumb open, on the hammers, cocking it.

A little work with a file an a honing stone cured that.

Sorry I sold it as it proved itself a good camp/bear gun loaded with 3" SSG.

5 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

None of the links on this page have them for the listed price though?

Not sure what you’re asking, but I mentioned the price to show that it’s been a while since any of those links had the guns in stock. I also mentioned it to show how prices have gone up due to supply and demand. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not sure what you’re asking, but I mentioned the price to show that it’s been a while since any of those links had the guns in stock. I also mentioned it to show how prices have gone up due to supply and demand. 

I didn't realize that there was a buying panic on external-hammer SxS's as well. But then again, I was casually looking for a new cap n' ball revolver last night and found all of those are sold out everywhere too.

8 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I didn't realize that there was a buying panic on external-hammer SxS's as well. But then again, I was casually looking for a new cap n' ball revolver last night and found all of those are sold out everywhere too.

The only hammer coach gun i've found in stock anywhere else is the Wyatt Earp $1,500 one.

3 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

The Pedersoli built Hammer Double is the Rolls Royce of Hammer Doubles.  Super Fine.  All it takes to have the very best is a little money.

That isn't a little money.

Archived