SASS Wire Forum

Grandson's graduation

Well, I survived another commencement (has to be one of the most boring things in life). Our grandson graduated cum laude from TCU with a bachelors in mechanical engineering. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. His dad graduated magna cum laude in mathematics from San Angelo State, and when he took some teacher certification test (or something) he made 100. First Angelo State student to ever ace it. Good job Matt! Gonna work for some company that contracts with DOJ that works on electrical and nuclear power plants.

JHC

Matt graduation 2.jpg

And congratulations from here too!!

9 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Well done, all three generations!

Thanks! I'd love to claim it was my superior genetics, but truth to tell Matt's dad Josh is my stepson. Their biological father was by all accounts very intelligent, just never took full use of it. Both Josh and Matt are a lot smarter and made better grades than I ever did. I had to scratch and bite just to graduate! Only thing I can brag about is my BS is a 5 year. Both those "kids" pretty much breezed through.

JHC

Good kids don’t happen by accident.  Your influence was significant I’m sure.

Credit where credit is due.

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Must take a while to get your degree. Who is the guy on the right?:P

Congrats there proud Papa!

To keep the record straight, the guy on the left is the Chancellor of TCU, not me! I probably couldn't have gotten into grad school if I'd wanted to!

JHC

I guess I didn't fall far from the tree either. My dad, his brother and I all went to pharmacy school at UT Austin. Hook 'Em Horns!

Matt really wanted to study engineering at TCU, but our whole family couldn't afford TCU. Matt placed third in state (Texas) in some event in high school swimming, and the coach at TCU called him up and offered a full scholarship to swim for TCU. He had already been accepted at Missouri, but they came in second when TCU called.

JHC

Congrats, I never got to finish college, my Dad got sick and I had to come home to take over the bills. But God blessed me richly though the years.

Archived