SASS Wire Forum

Energy during a match

wyliefoxEsquire

I try to alternate water and Gatorade to stay hydrated, although I always start with coffee!

For snacks, I like those little child size lunch box plastic cups of peaches and occasionally a snack pack of trail mix.

After the 3rd stage I have a Salted nut roll and a diet Dr. Pepper. Plus carry some beef jerky. 

https://pearsonscandy.com/salted-nut-roll/

Bring pogey bait to your liking. Hydrate. If you get peckish eat. If you get thirsty you are not drinking enough.

I pack a lunch, turkey sandwich and a fruit of some kind and lots of water.

Water or gatorade, depending on heat/humidity.

Mixed nuts and jerky for protein,  granola/breakfast/energy bars for carbs and energy.

Tea Java iced tea, dried apricots, almonds, Kind bars.

I try to drink a Gatorade in the morning before match starts. Then a bottle of water every stage. I usually have some beef jerky or trail mix about 1/2 thru. 

in summer months we frequently take a watermelon break after 3 stages. Cold watermelon sure is good and rehydrating! 

A good breakfast before and water and/or no or low calorie sports drinks during. I try not to eat during a match because of lead, but a bar or similar I can use the wrapper to hold can be useful.

Gatorade, couple of granola bars and a square or two of dark chocolate. When it's hot and humid I started carrying a few pieces of watermelon.

When the weather gets hot, I usually have a pack of Gatorade chews handy.  They're easier to carry along and great for sharing with those that need the boost.  I also have some type of granola bar on hand.  Bananas are very popular as well.

I do not drink or eat during the match, itself.

Cat Brules

I got to where I drank flavored pedialyte mixed 50/50 with water in the summer months. Seemed to help more with muscle cramps. Also would keep some potassium capsules with me for same reason.

Do not eat during a match. Do take electrolyte tablets ( Salt Sticks)  to keep hydrated.      GW

When it's hot out, I'll bring frozen Gatorade or Crystal Lite in a jug with ice. The Gatorade is typically ready to start sipping on by the second stage. Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich as well, maybe some nuts and jerky. We make the PB&J the night before and just through in in the cart.

Tully

I try not to eat, but if I do need something, I keep a couple of Quest protein bars in my gun cart.  

I like to bring a banana and a Clif Bar or two. If I don't eat I get shaky. I also drink plenty of water. Sometimes I will drink a Gatorade if it's really hot.

Energy Drink early morning to calm me...

Choke down a protein bar...

Then a sip or two of water before going to the loading table...chew on nails here and there...

Phantom

52 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Energy Drink early morning to calm me......

Are you waiting to finalize the sponsorship before you name Monster?  :)

3 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Are you waiting to finalize the sponsorship before you name Monster?  :)

Ha!

Gave them up loooong ago! Their sponsorship program sucked!

I'm with NOS now ;)

45 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Ha!

Gave them up loooong ago! Their sponsorship program sucked!

I'm with NOS now ;)

Yeah, those Monster's only come in a 16 oz can. I hear you can get the NOS in a foady, wrapped in a paper sack.

40.jpg

13 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Bring pogey bait to your liking. Hydrate. If you get peckish eat. If you get thirsty you are not drinking enough.

I have not heard pogey bait for many years. Played cards as a young man with an older Germany lady who always played for stakes of pogey bait.

Archived