SASS Wire Forum

Mothers Day Tomorrow

Mothers Day tomorrow!

What are you doing for your Mother or the Mother of your children?

SWMBO has ordered BBQ'd hamburgers, (She has been dreaming/drooling for one all winter!), my Overnight Bean Salad and Tuna Macaroni Salad.

Oh yeah, and a card and some No Sugar Added candy.

She has simple tastes for a city girl.

Both of our parents are deceased, so I guess that makes us orphans, but, For the mother of our children I will be making Cornish game hen with wild rice stuffing, peas, cheese pull apart buns and for desert, Saskatoon pie with vanilla ice cream.  Pre-dinner cocktails will be a British Columbia Chardonnay with an Australian Shiraz during dinner and finished off with a Bailey's for me and a brandy for her.

I know it sounds like putting on the Ritz, but she certainly deserves it for putting up with me for the past 53 years.

The wife and I never were blessed with children.   We both have wonderful mothers and we miss them.  Our mothers were also close friends to one another.  My mother went to Heaven in 2000; wife's mother in 2004.

My mother.

xBjfeD.jpg

smks49.jpg

xhmqAn.jpg

:FlagAm:

Headed to daughter's house for dinner. All three kids and spouses plus 6 grandkids. Oldest grandchild is 6. It'll be a fun day. My Mom has been gone for almost 4 years now. Kay's Mom is still around and will be with us tomorrow.

Well...as it turns out, not doing much tomorrow.

Of course my Mom passed away years ago. 

Our son wanted his Mom to come over tomorrow for an early supper, but she had to decline, because she is in too much pain right now.

I will give her a card, and fix her lunch, if she feels up to eating. 

That's about it, around here, on the wind-swept prairie.

So much for the "golden years". 

And so it goes. 

W.K. 

We never could have kids, but we had 6 nieces and nephews grow up about 1/2 mile from us, so we are super close with them. Two of them are taking their Mom and us [Aunt Sue Sue] out tomorrow afternoon.

Going to my son’s house, my other son and granddaughter and my Ex wife will be there, she’s making spaghetti sauce and meatballs! I had a cake made for her by an awesome little bakery here. Me and the EX are friends! She’s the mother of my children so she’s a special person .:wub:

51 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Well...as it turns out, not doing much tomorrow.

Of course my Mom passed away years ago. 

Our son wanted his Mom to come over tomorrow for an early supper, but she had to decline, because she is in too much pain right now.

I will give her a card, and fix her lunch, if she feels up to eating. 

That's about it, around here, on the wind-swept prairie.

So much for the "golden years". 

And so it goes. 

W.K. 

Prayers

Our parents have all passed and our son lives across the state. It will be a quiet relaxing day which is what she wants.

I will make dinner and take her out for ice cream 

My Mom passed in 2008. I miss her. There are so many things I never got to say to her, but didn’t realize it until she was gone. I learned from this. 
Always tell the people you love that you love them and do it often. When you say to yourself “I will talk to them next week” think about doing it today. 

“It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” - Mahatma Gandhi

My Mother's Day posse.

IMG_20210509_142356169.jpg

Got about 15 miles down the hwy...and heard noises.

Waterpump went out!!

So...Mother's Day has been sitting, waiting on the guys to get back with a pump, to replace it!

My Gift is Howlin' Wolf coming to our rescue.

Pulled us (with camper attached) across the hwy about 100 yards to a vaccant lot, and off the hwy.

16205880026307811570943561411292.jpg

Navy Times 

4h  · 
Sailors aboard the Nimitz-class nuclear aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) spell out "Hi Mom!!" on the flight deck of the ship April 29, 2021, in celebration of Mother's Day 2021. (MC3 Christina Ross/Navy). See more the best photos from around the military here: http://navtim.es/Kk9WemP

May be an image of outdoors

Archived