SASS Wire Forum

S&W Selling Thompson Center

Cholla

I saw on another forum that people were upset that they couldn’t place orders with S&W for Thompson Center barrels and parts. I guess they thought TC had been completely shut down. I am glad that’s not the case. 
Thanks Cholla

It might as well be shut down if they cannot or will not, supply parts and possibly, repairs, and warranty work.

CB

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

One of my fantasy guns is a Thompson Contender with a 10” bull barrel in 22 Hornet.

Got one. It shoots a little over an inch at 100 meters You will love it

My favorite shooting and hunting gun. Had 15"  6mm Super Bower for shooting plates at 600 meters. My .223 would shoot inside my thumb nail all day long at 100 yards. Take deer at just over 100 yards with the 44 mag. Might use the 45-70 this coming hunting season for deer. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

One of my fantasy guns is a Thompson Contender with a 10” bull barrel in 22 Hornet.

I would guess that the .17 Hornet would also be a dandy to shoot.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I would guess that the .17 Hornet would also be a dandy to shoot.

..........Widder

I had a 17 REM and could never make it shoot 

Howdy HTH.

I recently owned a Ruger 77 bolt rifle in .17 Hornet and although I shot it very little, it was a 

great shooting rifle.    If I were to start shooting the T/C pistols again, I would probably

get one in .17 Hornet, along with a few other calibers.

..........Widder

Gee... I wonder if Ruger might have any loose cash left over after the Marlin purchase....   :rolleyes:

Years ago I wanted a TC to shoot Silhouette Matches. I never bought it because I sunk all my money into SASS. Then I saw a movie where the bad guy carried a 45-70 Thompson Center pistol and I wanted one. Luckily I never bought one because a friend bought the 45-70 barrel for his and we went to the desert for a weekend shoot. He pulled this thing out and says “You want the honor of the first shot?”

I said “Absolutely!”

I fired one round. The loads were factory hunting loads in 320 or 360 grain bullets. And here I thought a 30-30 round from a TC kicked. HOLY CRAP! That hurt!

I can say that I have fired a 45-70 TC. It’ll never happen again. :lol:

My friend fired two of them. The next time we went shooting together he had a new .22 magnum barrel for his TC. He traded the 45-70 for it. He got a GOOD deal. 

I have always wanted a TC with barrels for .22lr, .357 magnum, .44 magnum and I think .327 Federal Magnum would be cool. 

Archived