SASS Wire Forum

Seriously?

$150?? 
Now, way back in the last century I worked in an office supply store. We sold pens in the 3 figure range but they were things of beauty. Gold or sterling mounted, precise instruments. Cross or Mont Blanc. Back when folks actually wrote articulate letters in longhand. But 150 smackers for this  “tactical ball point”? I guess I’m just a dinosaur.

https://tactileturn.com/products/overlander?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=NAT_PROS_INT_NON-CAT_NO-VISIT_CONV&utm_content=I087-T063-H058-OVR&fbclid=IwAR288LahZiW334yX8cr1oVZOwE4kSDQ1q8qLT2vBmw-65Wef9tKIhXpjr7w

607ECE39-4A7A-4A30-8040-985BBDA3DDDF.jpeg

Well, I do have one of these, however I traded some work for it. I never could have justified paying the price for one.

https://pelikanstore.com/collections/classic-215/products/fwi948349

yea but its olive drab with desert tan accents and its tacticool , surely you need one of these in the woods ............how does that go - fool and his money ? 

im sure there is a few tin foil hat wearing young wannabes on the computer in their mothers basement that needs one of these 

Simply adding the word "tactical" to a object increases the objects value by at least 300%.   And since I used the word "tactical" in a post you all owe me $20.  :P

Um.....there is no "tactical" feature claimed....rather "tactile".   The surfaces are individually machined to enhance grip.  That, added to titanium stock and custom hand construction, moves the pens into a class that some folks willingly pay big bucks for.  

Not my taste, but hardly a Bic.

LL

I still have a Cross gold pen and pencil set that my future wife (we were engaged way back then) gave me as a Christmas present in Dec 1963 when I was drafted into the Army. She wanted me to write her often and this was her reminder to me to do it. I still have them and use them a lot. The only problem is finding ink refills and lead. The only place I can get them around here is mail order since our local stationary store close several years ago.

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I still have a Cross gold pen and pencil set that my future wife (we were engaged way back then) gave me as a Christmas present in Dec 1963 when I was drafted into the Army. She wanted me to write her often and this was her reminder to me to do it. I still have them and use them a lot. The only problem is finding ink refills and lead. The only place I can get them around here is mail order since our local stationary store close several years ago.

Similar here. 
Still have the gold Cross pen/pencil set I was given by my aunt and uncle at high school graduation in ‘75. Refill used to be from a local stationary store but typically get them online now as I am not much of a fan of Staples. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

4 hours ago, Chantry said:

Simply adding the word "tactical" to a object increases the objects value by at least 300%.   And since I used the word "tactical" in a post you all owe me $20.  :P

Yeah, the check is in the mail. 

I have some Cross sets, but generally keep a disposable Pilot gel pen in a pocket - buy 'em by the box.  My favorite "stick," though, is a Space Pen that my son gave me.  

By the way... gold Cross pen and pencil sets do not fare well when accidentally sent through the washer in a shirt pocket.  :(

2 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I have some Cross sets, but generally keep a disposable Pilot gel pen in a pocket - buy 'em by the box.  My favorite "stick," though, is a Space Pen that my son gave me.  

By the way... gold Cross pen and pencil sets do not fare well when accidentally sent through the washer in a shirt pocket.  :(

How do you know that Hardpan?

8 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

How do you know that Hardpan?

Well... they say that life's best lessons are learned the hard way.  :(

Awe, C’mon! That pen comes with this:

• Commemorative metal card included with each pen

That’s probably worth at least $100. 

I can just picture Mr. Bean walking around showing off his fancy commemorative card. :lol:

image.jpeg.11e9ca5687b66bd028859d91e4e683c3.jpeg

@Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438is correct. It says “Tactile”.

I recall getting a sales pitch in a gun store in Oregon for the new “Tactical” pens they were selling from Magpul or some other vendor. They were $120. 
I told the guy I have s tactical pencil them showed him my urban camouflaged Pentel mechanical pencil. 
These things are tough little stabby things. You can sink one into a 2x4 several times before it’ll break. I know because I have. I always fly with 2 in my pocket. 
PENTEL Sharp Mechanical Drafting Pencil, 0.9 mm, Yellow Barrel, 2/Pack (P209BP2K6) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002VKWSYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_39CGFMH0300AGWETDV3Y

image.thumb.jpeg.f053289649cd63c5a9a84fb1fd17cdde.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Words running pricing up applies to food also. Just look at the prices on stuff marked as "organic" once compared to the everyday run-of-the-mill foodstuffs.:rolleyes::blink::lol::blush:

I first heard the term "Organic" applied to food was when I came back from a 3-year tour in W. Germany.  

I remember asking then, "Other than salt and water, what foods do we consume that's NOT organic?" :huh:

Archived