SASS Wire Forum

Reloading presses

I stopped by a LGS today and noticed that there were several Dillon 750 and 550 presses in the store.  I also noticed that they were not caliber specific.  According to the staff, Dillon is shipping presses without caliber conversions so as to get them out to dealers ASAP.  The problem is that components, such as caliber conversions, bullet feeders, etc. are not being received without several months delay,  Not a good situation for those who want to wait for the entire "set up".  The store posts lists of back ordered items from various manufacturers and the lists are long, with some items having been ordered last fall.  They did have one caliber conversion in 38-40 and several for hunting cartridges;  none in the more common CAS calibers.

What caliber are you looking for and what reloader? If folks know what you are looking for, they may have an extra conversion kit, dies or whatever else you may need.

27 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I stopped by a LGS today and noticed that there were several Dillon 750 and 550 presses in the store.  I also noticed that they were not caliber specific.  According to the staff, Dillon is shipping presses without caliber conversions so as to get them out to dealers ASAP.  The problem is that components, such as caliber conversions, bullet feeders, etc. are not being received without several months delay,  Not a good situation for those who want to wait for the entire "set up".  The store posts lists of back ordered items from various manufacturers and the lists are long, with some items having been ordered last fall.  They did have one caliber conversion in 38-40 and several for hunting cartridges;  none in the more common CAS calibers.

On the other hand it gives people a chance to get a press and maybe get the conversion kit either new from a LGS that may stock Dillon parts or used on the secondary market.

If you are upgrading TO a Dillon from something else you don’t need dies as you’ve probably already got them. Dillon is just trying to move machines out the door. 

Had to laugh a couple of weeks ago.   One of the large firearm online stores  sent me their ad advertising that due to ammo shortages maybe you should start reloading!!!   Wonder how many bought and are looking for components like us          GW

5 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Had to laugh a couple of weeks ago.   One of the large firearm online stores  sent me their ad advertising that due to ammo shortages maybe you should start reloading!!!   Wonder how many bought and are looking for components like us          GW

I think I got the same one. I know I thought the same thing. :lol:

Ive added a few calibers to my collection this year, what Ive done is go to a big online store of your choosing, find the dies and shellholder ill need and sign up for stock notifications. I just got a notification that my 6.5creedmoor shellplate was back in stock last night. Bought it within 10 minutes, was sold out  again within the hour, others are likely doing the same. But hey, aside from primers, Im now all set up for 45-70 and 6.5creed 

Archived