SASS Wire Forum

Who bought Federal primers at Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

wyliefoxEsquire

Probably someone at the store. If so, you’ll see them for sale on gunbroker this weekend for twice that amount

The greed from all this will bite people in the rear sooner or later. I have a thousand lrg and small pistol and rifle primers but I would not scalp them. For a few Mosley dollars. A 100.00 dollars either way will not make me rich or break me. So I would rather help someone that stick it to them. Just my opinion 

19 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Not me... I will just not shoot if I have to pay over $50 :D  

I can’t say I blame you but even at $100 for 1000 its still waaay cheaper than buying factory ammo! I just can’t stop shooting!

For me, I will wait it out, and not shoot. I flat refuse to buy at those prices. 

The law of supply and demand can be slow in correcting things. Patience is demanded, but having patience is not an easy thing to do. 

I keep hearing that "they" are making ammunition, and components, 24/7 to catch up. I hope so. I see no evidence of that on the shelves around here, but that is all I have to go on, is what I can see around here. 

Thankfully, if I get the urge to shoot, I have quite a few pounds of black powder, and a good supply of flints, and quite a few boxes of lead round bullets, and if push comes to shove, I have several old shirts/sheets/pillow cases, that I can cut up for patching material. One can even use thin slices of leather, for patching material, if need be. 

I understand about the law of supply and demand. I also understand human nature, and greed. 

I can, and will, ride this storm out, and I can, and will, refuse to pay those disgusting high prices for primers, etc. But, that's just me

I understand not everyone can, or will, do that. After all, whatever you do, is what you want to do, and as far as I can tell, this is still America, and we are still (mostly) free to spend our money as we see fit, and for whatever price we can swallow. 

Do what you think best, and whatever way that is, I say, go for it Willie!!! 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

Not me... I will just not shoot if I have to pay over $50 :D  

Just an FYI, on a 6 stage match the extra you pay ($50/1000 vs $35/1000), is less than a $1.50.

4 matches a  month and that's a whoppin' $6/month.

OUCH!!!!

:o

46 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Just an FYI, on a 6 stage match the extra you pay ($50/1000 vs $35/1000), is less than a $1.50.

4 matches a  month and that's a whoppin' $6/month.

OUCH!!!!

:o

I know we all have our breaking point :lol:.

Archived