SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone else wish they had a plug-in analog clock?

Alpo

Analog clock - no batteries - not plug in!

image.png.e5f132941944786175c24385591e2f90.png

Atmos is the brand name of a mechanical torsion pendulum clock manufactured by Jaeger-LeCoultre in Switzerland which does not need to be wound manually. It gets the energy it needs to run from temperature and atmospheric pressure changes in the environment, and can run for years without human intervention.

My dad was given one in 1970 for 30 years as a Texaco dealer (service station owner). It is still running great in my living room!:)

50 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Analog clock - no batteries - not plug in!

image.png.e5f132941944786175c24385591e2f90.png

Atmos is the brand name of a mechanical torsion pendulum clock manufactured by Jaeger-LeCoultre in Switzerland which does not need to be wound manually. It gets the energy it needs to run from temperature and atmospheric pressure changes in the environment, and can run for years without human intervention.

My dad was given one in 1970 for 30 years as a Texaco dealer (service station owner). It is still running great in my living room!:)

You might want to put it in the safe. :blink:

https://www.jomashop.com/jaeger-lecoultre-clock-q5101202.html?&gclid=Cj0KCQjwytOEBhD5ARIsANnRjVh3zRQL_FDWjCDqwhvfSiLxYdSAFciyoB0rj0Z569dq2NCVbtSChuAaAnHAEALw_wcB

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The model I have is going for a LOT less on ebay. I figure it's worth about $1000.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And if the power was out more than twelve hours, what will you be looking for?

The puddle of melted ice cream by the freezer floor.

Archived