SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone else wish they had a plug-in analog clock?

Alpo

I really miss them. It's hard to find an analog clock period, these days. Everyone loves that damn digital crap. And when you do find analog, it's battery operated.

I walked out in the kitchen the other day to see the clock on my microwave said : , the clock on the coffee pot was blinking 12:35, and the dishwasher had : blinking.

Now all that meant was that the power had been off, and 35 minutes ago it came back on. But, was it just a power bump, which will reset those damn digital clocks, or was the power off for 10 or 15 minutes, or was the power off for six or seven hours? No telling. I have a clock on my coffee pot and a clock on my microwave and they both reset when the power goes off. I have three wall clocks, and they all run on a AA battery. So they continued to run while the power was off.

If I had had a plug-in analog clock, and it was currently 3:17 pm, and the plug-in analog clock said it was 8:42, then I would know the power had been off for at least six and a half hours. That's a nice thing to know.

Damn batteries. But even more than that, damn digital.

36 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Heard there is a new clock on wheels that runs away when you want to shut off the snooze. 

Guess we know how that would end.

With the sound of a shot...?  :huh:   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I walked out in the kitchen the other day to see the clock on my microwave said : , the clock on the coffee pot was blinking 12:35, and the dishwasher had : blinking.

I know a young lady whose refrigerator just died.  Repairman said it needed a new motherboard.

Why the Hell does a refrigerator, dishwasher, or ANY kitchen appliance need a motherboard....??   Doh.jpg.3d78e6f146dc70b0a1e85f7a28158a05.jpg

Now I just got my 2nd dose of Pfizer, but I swear when I read the title of this thread there was no "og" at the end of one word......

However, I do agree that a quality plug-in nondigital clock would be nice to have again.

48 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

What??!? I think they know who their target market is ... (you!!)  

felixclock.thumb.jpg.1810c4f2c80f4662091818279e1ffdb8.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Felix-The-Cat-Motion-Clock/dp/B001G8PWV2

Well, leaving aside the $175 cost, and leaving aside the "currently unavailable" thing, we also have this.

Details

Color
Black
Material
Plastic
Item Dimensions LxWxH
7 x 2.5 x 16.5 inches
Are Batteries Included
No
Number of Batteries
2 AA batteries required.

Plug in the wall. No batteries. Stops when the power stops so it will tell me how long the power was off.

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I know a young lady whose refrigerator just died.  Repairman said it needed a new motherboard.

Why the Hell does a refrigerator, dishwasher, or ANY kitchen appliance need a motherboard....??   Doh.jpg.3d78e6f146dc70b0a1e85f7a28158a05.jpg

Because the little guy in China has extra. 

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

mine had bad mother board  tech has shipping out and I changed it my self too easy to pay him to come back 

53 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Well, leaving aside the $175 cost, and leaving aside the "currently unavailable" thing, we also have this.

Details

Color
Black
Material
Plastic
Item Dimensions LxWxH
7 x 2.5 x 16.5 inches
Are Batteries Included
No
Number of Batteries
2 AA batteries required.

Plug in the wall. No batteries. Stops when the power stops so it will tell me how long the power was off.

175 for a clock?

A fool and his money.

I have two analog clock hanging up in the house...Yes battery....My granddaughter has learned to read them and grandson will too...I have a nice large one in the garage, easier to read at a distance....Have no interest in digit clocks...True my alarm clock is digital and analog...But the analog is the bigger and is the reason I bought it...Faster to read in the middle of the night...Don't need to think...

Texas Lizard

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Without a mother board “they” cannot watch and monitor you. ;)

You’ll notice the mother boards are always behind a plastic panel. This way they can transmit without interference. The signals go to a covert health organization created when the ACA was signed. Wearing an aluminum foil hat does no good in this instance. One must cover the plastic panels with the foil so your red meat, ice cream and dairy intake aren’t monitored and broadcast. 

It’s a conspiracy, Man! :lol:

I like digital as much as the next guy but for my time keeping chores I have analog.  The clock in my den/family room is battery powered analog and my watch is analog with a solar cell to make the battery last longer.  My alarm clock is my cell phone.

Kajun

59 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

No.  The power goes out too often for a plug in clock.  I'll stick to changing the clock battery when doing the smoke alarm batteries.

THIS 

5 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Heard there is a new clock on wheels that runs away when you want to shut off the snooze. 

Guess we know how that would end.

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

With the sound of a shot...?  :huh:   :rolleyes:

One thing for sure, everyone will be awake. :o :D

Howdy,,

I have several clocks. 

Favorite is the wind up that sits in the livin room.

Right next to the near state of the art entertainment system.

Wind it every saturday and always know its the right time.

Power ? It dont need no stinkin power.

Best

CR

Howdy,,

I have several clocks. 

Favorite is the wind up that sits in the livin room.

Right next to the near state of the art entertainment system.

Wind it every saturday and always know its the right time.

Power ? It dont need no stinkin power.

Best

CR

Here you go. Cheap at twice the price.

Equity by La Crosse 33100 Electric Silent Analog Alarm Clock with Lighted Dial, White

About this item

Silent sweep movement

Analog dial with adjustable lighted dial

Ascending alarm with 4 minute snooze duration

AC powered (no batteries required)

81EQILPUaoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

59 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ are these easy to adjust for daylight savings ?   :huh:

Just tilt it 15 degrees to the south.

My wife hates the digital alarm clock she has on her night stand and I don't blame her.  You almost need a degree in electronic engineering to set it and I am quite conversant with electronics (amateur radio operator) so I just ordered a analog plug in old fashioned alarm clock.

12 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Analog clock and it does not need any stinkin batteries.

stone-metal-garden-sundial-on-260nw-1533682088.jpg

But, does it tell you how long the overcast skies lasted ? :D That's really what Alpo wants to know........

12 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Here you go. Cheap at twice the price.

Equity by La Crosse 33100 Electric Silent Analog Alarm Clock with Lighted Dial, White

About this item

Silent sweep movement

Analog dial with adjustable lighted dial

Ascending alarm with 4 minute snooze duration

AC powered (no batteries required)

81EQILPUaoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got pretty excited about this clock (yeah, I am weird) until I saw the reviews. Caveat Emptor. 
I liked the 4 minute snooze option. 9 minutes is too long for snooze. 

But thank you for posting this SD. I know there are new “old timey” clicks out there now. 

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And if the power was out more than twelve hours, what will you be looking for?

Candles...

Archived