SASS Wire Forum

31 Years....It can't be that long!

Subdeacon Joe

On this day in the Year of Our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety became my wife and made me whole.
Thank you for many wonderful years, my love.
No photo description available.

For dinner I made pulled pork tacos.  I think my tacos are her favorite meal.  Usually I use ground beef.

But, last Friday, our Good Friday of all days, I cooked a pork shoulder, Safeway had a special, 88 cents a pound.  I managed to split it, found a joint and cut it into two more or less equal pieces.  Cooked one in the Instantpot for about 90 minutes and the other in a slow cooker for about 8 hours.  Smelled wonderful.  Shredded both, decanted and skimmed the juices.  

Got home today, chopped an onion, got it into a pan,  cooked it until translucent, added some minced garlic (from a jar, we use LOTS of garlic), then some of the pork, some salt and almost enough taco seasoning mix.   The pork cooked down to almost a pate.  Then loaded it into corn tortillas and fried those nice and crisp.  Some of the pork threads leaked out and made a nice, savory, crispy drape over the tacos as I pulled them out to drain.  Shredded some cabbage, sliced some radishes, poured a nice sauvignon blanc into our fancy 8 oz Mason jars.  Might could be the best anniversary dinner I've made for us.

Congratulations Joe and Mrs Joe. :)

Many years ago I was doing a side job of delivering newspapers at night to make extra money. One night I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing band members from a popular Heavy Metal band. I cannot remember who they were now. Anyway, what struck me and has stayed with me ever since was something one of the band members said when asked about his announcement to be married. 
He said “To be in love is a wonderful thing, but to be loved is the greatest and most wonderful gift of all.”

May be you both always be loved. 

Sounds like you made a wise choice:
You married your best friend.
Well done.
Lead on!

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

BTW When does Lisa get nominated for saint hood? 

Well, since you have to be dead for that to happen I hope not for a very, very long time!  :D

Congrats!

SDJ,

Congrats to you and Lisa. And, here's to many many more.

In Oct. it'll be 34 for Janet and I. 

WOW!  A lot of long timers here.  Also among my FB circle of friends.  Good to see so many that make the effort and have the smarts to realize that there will be bad times along with the good, but its the bad times make you stronger and more appreciative of the good times.  One of our lowest times was when we were living in the Sunday school at our parish, but we had many people tell us that they were amazed at our upbeat attitude, our obvious love for both God and each other.  We just knew that we were better off than 75% of the people on Earth today.  We had shelter, we had food, we had potable water, we had access to sanitary facilities, we had the support of our parish family.  Plus I had access to the professional quality kitchen in the parish hall.  

7 hours ago, bgavin said:

Congrats!

42 years for us, yesterday, Cinco de Mayo.

We married on Cinco de August! Lol

hittin 30 myself - this time around , got 48 invested but the first two dont count , congrats on the achievement , its well worth it when the right one comes around , 

Archived