SASS Wire Forum

Video update on our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town rebuild

Hellbender

Here's both the original walk-through of our destroyed cowboy town I had posted back in September 2020 and a walk-through I made just this morning to show y'all the progress we've made so far (yes, I know I say its May 4 in the video but that was a mistake - I took it today, May 5).  

We could not have done this without the generous support of a great many folks, and we thank you all!  

Hellbender

Looking Good there Hellbender!   Are you guys affected by the lumber price run ups that’s happening?    

25 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Looking Good there Hellbender!   Are you guys affected by the lumber price run ups that’s happening?    

Thanks Not Dead Ed (and thanks for your support too!).  Oh, yeah we are affected- lumber prices are sky high, but we've got to have it!

Great progress is being made....thanks for the video update.  Keep up the great work.

Kajun

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Great progress is being made....thanks for the video update.  Keep up the great work.

Kajun

Thanks Kajun.  We’re looking forward to you and Badlands Bob coming back to shoot with us again!

It's great to see your cowboy town coming back from the storm! It's a testament you all's love of this sport that you've struggled back from hurricanes, Covid, and ridiculous lumber prices. Cheers!

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kraken said:

It's great to see your cowboy town coming back from the storm! It's a testament you all's love of this sport that you've struggled back from hurricanes, Covid, and ridiculous lumber prices. Cheers!

Thanks Colonel, and thank you again for all you have done to help us!

10 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

Looks great!  The new design seems like it will be very efficient.

Totes

Thanks Totes! The design is due to both James Moore and Possum Skinner, who I had asked to co-chair our rebuild.  James Moore is currently both the supervisor and the foreman of the work done so far.  Possum is in charge of the inside work, and he, along with Nellie Blue, are currently planning the remaining stages (the cemetery stage design is done, and the interior construction is nearly done - by the way, James Moore was the one who built that loading table coffin and he is working on the other two coffins that will go in there).

Man, that looks great!

4 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Man, that looks great!

Thank you, we are on our way!

Well done Hellbender.  I'm glad to see you guys are building it back even better than before.  Hopefully, I can get back down your way and shoot with you again when you get it done.

You guys have made good progress so far!  I’m sure right now it seems like it’s never going to end, but when it’s all over, you’ll look back and it won’t seem that bad.   A special “atta boy” to Possum and James Moore for not only taking on the rebuild but doing the construction as good as you can get.  

Lookin' great Hellbender. Thanks for the video update. It should be a really nice venue when you're finished. Hope the lumber costs come down soon for 'ya.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Well done Hellbender.  I'm glad to see you guys are building it back even better than before.  Hopefully, I can get back down your way and shoot with you again when you get it done.

Thanks Badlands Bob, we EXPECT you and Krazy Kajun to come back when we're done!

31 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You guys have made good progress so far!  I’m sure right now it seems like it’s never going to end, but when it’s all over, you’ll look back and it won’t seem that bad.   A special “atta boy” to Possum and James Moore for not only taking on the rebuild but doing the construction as good as you can get.  

Thanks Tequila Shooter, we hope you make it here for our "grand opening" whenever that will be.

12 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Lookin' great Hellbender. Thanks for the video update. It should be a really nice venue when you're finished. Hope the lumber costs come down soon for 'ya.

Thanks Eyesa, you and me both on that lumber cost!

30 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Eyesa, you and me both on that lumber cost!

Looking good there pilgrim. & Yeh thanks for posting.. Maybe get there one of these days.

Jackrabbit & Sly puppy

31 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Looking good there pilgrim. & Yeh thanks for posting.. Maybe get there one of these days.

Jackrabbit & Sly puppy

Thanks Jackrabbit.  I hope you and Sly Puppy make it our way when we're done.

2 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Tequila Shooter, we hope you make it here for our "grand opening" whenever that will be.

Wild horses couldn’t keep me away!

3 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Jackrabbit.  I hope you and Sly Puppy make it our way when we're done.

We were today just talking about this. When is the next one let us know pilgrim. 

JRJ & SP

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

We were today just talking about this. When is the next one let us know pilgrim. 

JRJ & SP

We'll make it be known far and wide when it happens, but as of right now we really don't have a handle on when that will be :wacko:

Hellbender,

What AD and Tequila Shooter said! Looks great and I look forward to shooting your grand reopening!

La Sombra

2 hours ago, a d said:

Hellbender:

Looks great!

Keep up the good work!

AD

Thanks AD!  Here's what we got done this morning - as you can see, we're moving right along!

IMG_2583.jpeg

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

Hellbender,

What AD and Tequila Shooter said! Looks great and I look forward to shooting your grand reopening!

La Sombra

La Sombra,

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing a shooter wearing a giant sombrero show up for it :lol:

Looking good. 

kinda like that new 73 is gonna look in my cart on the 22nd !!!! I’ll be waiting on your call! 

51 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Looking good. 

kinda like that new 73 is gonna look in my cart on the 22nd !!!! I’ll be waiting on your call! 

Thanks Hoss, and good luck with that!

12 minutes ago, a d said:

Hellbender

any idea when the grand re-opening will be.

AD

Not a clue, unfortunately, and I'd hate to venture a guess.  All I know for sure is that it will be a long time from now :(

Archived