SASS Wire Forum

Any luck out there finding AA 12FL8 Winchester loads?

Dungannon Gunner

I am on at least 6 wait list and call others on a regular basis with no luck.

If you were close I would be willing to sell the flat (10 boxes) I have.  But I would need to get a premium price before I would let them go.

I bought 10 boxes from a fellow shooter who was selling stuff at Comancheria Days.  They were $12/box, which is 50% more than what I was used to paying, but I was glad to get them.

Metro Trap Range in Blaine. MN has them for $10.50 a box.- Update -  Went over to pick up a couple cases for a local cowboy shooter and they had sold out in less than a week by High School Trap league’s.  I never knew it but apparently they aren’t allowed to shoot reloads.

One local big box retailer lists Winchester AAs for $11/box.  (Of course they are out-of-stock.)  The prices listed in this thread are consistent with current retail prices.  

Due to the current price and unavailability of shotgun shells, I have been reduced to reloading them again.  For years, I was able to buy quality shells for about $7.00 a box.  Not financially worth it to me to reload.   I'd buy in quantity when on sale and I just let my Mec Jr get dusty.  My stockpile of factory loaded shotgun shells has been all but depleted over the past 18 months.  Fortunately, I have enough shotgun shell components to get me through another year.  Hopefully, this shortage will end before much longer.  

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Due to the current price and unavailability of shotgun shells, I have been reduced to reloading them again.  For years, I was able to buy quality shells for about $7.00 a box.  Not financially worth it to me to reload.   I'd buy in quantity when on sale and I just let my Mec Jr get dusty.  My stockpile of factory loaded shotgun shells has been all but depleted over the past 18 months.  Fortunately, I have enough shotgun shell components to get me through another year.  Hopefully, this shortage will end before much longer.  

Pretty much the same here. We can go another few months on store bought, then it will be time to dust off the Dillon and start reloading.

Luckily I reload and have enough sg primers to last the year at least.

I  started deleting my 209 primers in 2019 .... again when the NICS numbers started climbing, cranked up the Size Master and the 650... and reloaded 2 cases of smokeless and 2 cases of black powder :D

Look for estate sales.
The old boy I shot trap with, bought twenty-plus bags of 25# shot from an old friend who was selling off and going into a nursing home.
The guy sold off everything... guns, reloading components, ammo, truck, boat, everything.

I only have 50# of shot, and I'm holding on to that, same as my center fire components.. cuz I can't replenish them.
I have 3 cases of AA featherlites left, holding on to them for the same reason.
Down to six cases of Gun Club for trap, also on hold.

Archived