SASS Wire Forum

How Many Guns?

Subdeacon Joe

Ah, the Abbot and Costello school of gun ownership. Not seen that one before........

Didn't Norman Bates (the original Psycho) use a big knife?

;)

11 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I learned in U.S. Army Basic Training that I have one gun.

"This is my rifle and this is my gun.  This one's for fighting and this one's for fun."

:blush:

Well, you weren't a Red Leg.

Just sold eleven of them on gunbroker. Had to thin the herd. I am sure I will use the money to buy more. 

It's a hobby. 

I'm sure ole sniffin' joe, his v.p. sidekick, and ole beto, would not be happy with me, and would think I am a menace to society. That's okay...I am not happy with them, and I know they are a menace to society...a free society. 

W.K.  

Just dropped a small hunk of that "stimulus" money on a large batch of ammo that I'd been putting off getting reloaded, stuff that I don't reload myself!!  

Made me happy and made the reloader happy too!!

I bet Walter and that hack/hag/VP wouldn't be happy, WHICH MAKES ME THAT MUCH HAPPIER!!!

Treadhead Here. We have 1-105mm, 1-7.62 and 1-.50 cal plus 4-,45 sub guns per portable foxhole. M60a1. That make us somewhere between enthusiasts and obsessed

Imis

Well, it depends on what kind of a shooter/collector you are.   If you are a hunter, and that is the only reason you own guns, you might own 2 or 3 firearms total.  If you are a general firearms enthusiast, you might own a dozen or so.   If you are a "collector" depending on what you collect your collection cound range from a few to many guns.

And if you area a Cowboy Action Shooter, the next thing you know, you are gonna have enough guns in your collection to open your own used gun shop.

I tried to be a collector when I was 25-35 but learned that took a lot of money and space.  I tried to be a top level competitor when I was 35-48 but learned that I am an average competitor.  I am now 56 and enjoy being a good reloader (been reloading since 1986).  I enjoy oddball rounds like .32 and .38 WCF, .300 Blackout and getting .223 loads to shoot nearly the same trajectory with different weight bullets.

It has become more about reloading and casting than about the guns.

49 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.2756c635126f2dbf644bba121e32b2b0.png

Is it a lie? Or is it the truth? We may never know!!!!!:rolleyes:

I can tell you from my perspective that I am not part of we. I do know……..Muah-ah-ahhhh :D

Archived