SASS Wire Forum

Pray Posse Request For My Daughter Lezlee Who Lost Her Husband In The Line Of Duty

Charlie T Waite

May be an image of 1 person

The Nelsonville Division of Fire is mourning the death of one of our own. Nelsonville senior firefighter, Jeff Armes, collapsed and died at the scene of a structure fire Sunday, May 2, 2021.
At around 5:04 pm, Sunday, May 2, the Nelsonville Division of Fire was alerted for a structure fire on Pleasantview Avenue.
While on scene and active in firefighting operations, firefighter Armes collapsed. Firefighters and EMS administered CPR and advanced life support care immediately. Armes was transported by Athens County EMS to OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital in Athens where he was pronounced dead.
Nelsonville Fire Chief Harry Barber informed the Department of the Line of Duty Death and asked everyone to “please keep all our firefighters and their families in your thoughts and prayers as we work through this difficult time.”
Scott Frank, Nelsonville City Manager, said “This is a day that we have all dreaded in our minds. We are keenly aware of the dangers of our public safety professionals, but we all have hoped they would continue to be looked over and protected. Now that tragedy has stricken our City, we must not fall apart but stand strong and band together to support the Armes family and those who are closest to them.”
As additional details, including funeral arrangements, become available they will be posted.

Obituary: 

Nelsonville - Jeffrey Eugene Armes, 38, of Nelsonville, OH passed away on Sunday, May 2, 2021, unexpectedly in the line of duty while fighting a house fire in the city of Nelsonville.

Born Oct. 13, 1982, in Athens, OH, he was the son of Norris "Gene" Eugene and Karen Sue (Kilkenny) Armes of Nelsonville.

Jeffrey was a 2001 graduate of Logan High School. He had worked as a fireman for the Nelsonville Fire Department since 2011 and was a longtime volunteer for the Starr Township, Hocking County, Ohio fire department.

besides his parents, Jeffrey is survived by his loving wife, Lezlee Renee (Burnside) Armes of Nelsonville; children, Ayden Eugene and Teylar Leora Armes both of the home; grandmothers, Betty Kilkenny of New Plymouth, OH and Ruth Bowling of Nelsonville; and uncle, Robert (Christin) Kilkenny New Plymouth.

Jeffrey was preceded in death by grandfathers, Jerry Kilkenny and Don Lightfoot.

A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, May 7, 2021, at Roberts Funeral Home - Logan, Ohio with Joshua N. Martin officiating.

Burial will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery, York Township, Athens County, Ohio.

Friends may call from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, May 6, 2021, at the funeral home.

Guests are required to follow current pandemic guidelines by wearing masks and practicing social distancing.

Letters of condolence may be left at robertsfuneralhomelogan.com. Jeffrey Armes

Thanks for your prayers.

M.C.Burnside aka Charlie T Waite

Thanks Pards

Praying here

Condolences.

Lezlee, I’m sorry for your and your family’s sudden loss of your husband, Jeff.  It’s impossible to understand why such grief is cast upon us.  We also cannot know the impact and grief that such a sudden loss has has upon all those who knew Jeff.

Please do know that I pray for Jeff, you, and your family at this most difficult of all possible times. 

May God Bless all of you.

”Cat Brules”

So sorry. Prayers up 

So very sorry. Prayers.

Sorry to hear and Condolences to the family!!!!!

I spent many years as a Volunteer Fire Fighter. I know this man was special and will be missed. I pray that the Grace of God will comfort and lift up those that loved him until they are once again reunited.

Snakebite

Praying right now for the family, thanking God for the life and service of this good man.

May the Light Perpetual shine upon him.+

Our condolences to his family. 

†Prayers up for the entire family†

Archived