SASS Wire Forum

First shoot this weekend!

Charley Leadville

Well, hopefully, I'm planning to shoot my very first SASS match this Saturday.  All new guns, 2 Taylor's Smoke Wagons, Cimarron Winchester 1873, and a Stoeger coach gun.  I gathered up period correct clothes, and I think I'm ready! 

Good for you! Don't be afraid to ask the TO to repeat instructions and have fun!

Charlie ,

Your equipment list is nearly identical to mine when I started(Evil Roy's instead of Smoke Wagons).sounds like you are of to a good start.Ask lots of questions,be safe,and most of all HAVE FUN!

Choctaw Jack 

When you get done with your last stage your smile is gonna be a lot bigger than when you got done with your 1st stage. And the smile after your 1st stage will be enormous. :D

No tennies, no ball cap

YES to sturdy leather boots or shoes.......

Pin a nudie shot of Dale Evans onto your gun cart

Be sure to use Phantom’’s helpful “before-leaving” checklist before you head out.  Search his name above; it’s in one of his recent topic replies.

if you’re here in The Peoples’s Republic, then, in your vehicle, keep your weapons and ammo in separate, locked, cases and/or containers......check out your State’s requirements for traveling with firearms and ammunition..... Probably will be able to find that online at your Srate’s DOJ (Department of Justice) website.

Good Luck, and Best Wishes!

Cat Brules

If your hands are shaking when you get to the unloading table, you had fun.  I started in 1998.  My hands still vibrate when I kick the empties out of my revolvers.  When my hands no longer shake I will quit.

Have fun.  We expect an after-match debriefing.

Archived