SASS Wire Forum

John Deere and a gun store

DeaconKC

37 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

The John Deere dealer where I buy parts for my tractor sells guns, and they only started doing that about 3-4 years ago.

That's cool!

I live in WV just above the VA line. Winchester has a large hardware store with a gun shop in it as does a town below Winchester with an Ace Hardware with a gun shop. I bought several guns from Montgomery Wards in Wheaton, MD. First was and Enfield .38 S&W revolver for $17 with a box of shells (ca. 1960). The second was a Western Field shotgun aka. Mossberg 500 in 1972 for $85.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, G W Wade said:

Years ago when I was in SoCal   One of my favorites was gun shop (Hiram's) in the rear and liquor store in the front.    Seemed strange even then      GW

Big Rapids Michigan had a duel store for many years. 

i bought my first 3 handguns pre 68 in a boat dealership , colt 1911 , walther P38 and a colt new frontier scout , no paperwork save the receipt and i wont even start on the prices 

When Sawmill Mary was just starting to pick out her gun, she shopped around and knew what she wanted. I searched online and found one advertised for the best price at a gunshop in Kones Korner, South Dakota on east edge.  She called the place but was put on hold because the owner (who did the gun deals) was out pumping gas.  But they did have the gun.  I said to Sawmill Mary,  ask if they had two.  Why yes they did.  She negotiated a combined shipping. 

5a690378b9144_GripsdoneJan2018.jpg.fe8273546bdf420e3c7fb81c6a2dd09b.jpg 

I later made new grips for them. A little thinner and checkered. 

We stopped in a couple of years later and the place is a gas station, convenience store and well stocked gun shop. 

https://www.koneskorner.com/guns

18 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Well known-secret reloading supply for many of us here in the Founders Ranch area, was East Mountain Cyclery in Abq.

The 'Bike Shop' sold cowboy bullets, powder, wads, shells, shot... plus numerous other needs.

It was the dad's 'hobby' in the back of the store.

Gone now.

Got one of those here. Model airplanes and remote/radio controlled toys and reloading equipment. FFL transfers. Guy is a shooter too, just not cas.

I had a nice surprise last fall. While out of town I stopped into a Murdochs Farm and Ranch looking for cold weather gloves. I found a well stocked gun counter and shelves full of interesting ammo calibers, some of which I needed, all at pre freakout prices.

Twas a delightful shopping extravaganza that day. :D

Archived