SASS Wire Forum

CHP - Speed Monitored By Aircraft

Subdeacon Joe

Ought to be T.I.E fighters....just sayin'

fPrYY6l.jpg

52 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I'm going with Wyle. 

He would certainly be in the lead, until he runs into the cliff. And it is a given that he will run into the cliff.

1 hour ago, Joeronimo Caffiend said:

Ought to be T.I.E fighters

They belong to the empire, which does not believe in the 4th.

5 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

There's a reason nobody speeds on Army bases.

speed trap.jpg

One time, after a stop at Mission San Antonio de Padua which is on Ft. Hunter Liggett, we then proceeded towards Lake San Antonio.  Still on the base, we went around a corner and there was a Cobra, maybe 50 feet above the road, nose tilted down to bear on the ground about 20 yards after you came out of that corner.  SLAMMED on the brakes.  Looked to my left and in the trees maybe 75 yards away I saw tents, camouflage netting, and a bunch of soldiers busting their guts laughing.  Somewhat startling to see that.  Once I realized what was going on I waved, laughed, and kept on going.  

17 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I concur

When you could have just agreed. :D Sorry, just couldn't help myself as I use concur all the time!

On 5/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

One time, after a stop at Mission San Antonio de Padua which is on Ft. Hunter Liggett, we then proceeded towards Lake San Antonio.  Still on the base, we went around a corner and there was a Cobra, maybe 50 feet above the road, nose tilted down to bear on the ground about 20 yards after you came out of that corner.  SLAMMED on the brakes.  Looked to my left and in the trees maybe 75 yards away I saw tents, camouflage netting, and a bunch of soldiers busting their guts laughing.  Somewhat startling to see that.  Once I realized what was going on I waved, laughed, and kept on going.  

Made you slow down, didn't it?

Mission accomplished!

Just now, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Made you slow down, didn't it?

Mission accomplished!

Slow down?  Well, if you consider going from the posted speed limit (I think it was 35 mph there, county road going through the Fort) to a screeching stop in about half a second, yeah, I "slowed down."  :lol:

But it's given me a good story for over 30 years.

Archived