SASS Wire Forum

.22LR SAA for SASS use

The Wranglers look great (haven't touched one yet) and the Bearcats were awesome too, but for what I was going to pay for a pair of Rugers to get my kid from Buckarette to Jr, I opted for the Rough Riders. Did the action jobs myself and she ran the pants off em with nary a hiccup for 4 years! Now, they're on to someone else to run and have some beginner SASS fun. I do know the Wranglers are cheaper and easier to find that Bearcats. Best of luck

Uberti makes sweeet  22 LR  and it holds 12 rounds looks and feels the same as my 4 others in 357 just little heavier with a smaller hole in the barrel 

22 is the bottom gun

5 ubertis.jpg

17 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Uberti makes sweeet  22 LR  and it holds 12 rounds looks and feels the same as my 4 others in 357 just little heavier with a smaller hole in the barrel 

22 is the bottom gun

5 ubertis.jpg

Not the most, or even close, to the most economical choice...and I'm still always amazed that folks post pictures of their highly liquid assets on a public forum...

1 hour ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

The Wranglers look great (haven't touched one yet) and the Bearcats were awesome too, but for what I was going to pay for a pair of Rugers to get my kid from Buckarette to Jr, I opted for the Rough Riders. Did the action jobs myself and she ran the pants off em with nary a hiccup for 4 years! Now, they're on to someone else to run and have some beginner SASS fun. I do know the Wranglers are cheaper and easier to find that Bearcats. Best of luck

Rough Riders and Wranglers are almost the same price...both are a lot cheaper than the best 22 SA out there - Single Six.

38 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I like these...

1346535749_224-34Colt.thumb.JPG.f01d0b2f75f640762a6d579bdc77473b.JPG1550432259_225-5CBIColt.thumb.JPG.b0d7de430bbf267e8548b4c9a603a4b7.JPG

But....  While he quality is top notch, the fact that they are made by Colt means that they are not inexpensive.  A few hundred dollars each on the used market.

Cool - looks like it time to show everyone their guns...:lol:

They are still pretty new, so time will tell, but so far I like this pair of Ruger Wranglers.  I bought them for my youngest and got them for under $200 each.  I bought Wolff 17/34 springs and installed them, polishing up the hammer struts a bit while I was at it.  He's been running an assortment of rounds through them, including some super cheap .22 shorts I bought years ago.  So far not a single failure to fire with a range of ammunition from Remington to Federal to Winchester to Blazer to whatever the .22 shorts are (German I think).

I was very pleasantly surprised at how accurate the Heritage Rough Riders are. Decent triggers and one of them has the birdshead grip and 3 1/2" barrel, that is a fun little gun!

the Roughriders seem pretty tough to me, plus have those ugly safety’s on the port side.

For the money, the Ruger wranglers are hard to beat. 
ruger shopkeeper is a nice pistol, smaller frame, shorter barrel. 
ruger single six’s are very nice. 
my Colt Frontier is my favorite 

even before the ammo shortage I would drag the 22s and a 410 out at a 5th Saturday monthly match every once in a while and shoot “Buckaroo “. They are fun to shoot! 

3 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

22 is the bottom gun

5 ubertis.jpg

I dont think a 12 round gun would be allowed. Of course, at a monthly match probably ok, if that’s all you have! 

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Cool - looks like it time to show everyone their guns...:lol:

What is your concern? Serial #s not visible. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I dont think a 12 round gun would be allowed. Of course, at a monthly match probably ok, if that’s all you have! 

not legal for sass match .. we are talking cheaper practice 

I have seen lots of them in some Westerns 

2 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

not legal for sass match .. we are talking cheaper practice 

I have seen lots of them in some Westerns 

Gotcha! 
and as I said, 22s are fun to shoot! 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

What is your concern? Serial #s not visible. 

Zero concern...particularly regarding S/N's as I list all serial numbers for guns that I sell online.

Perhaps you meant to ask me a question other than wondering of my concern...???

Phantom

3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Zero concern...particularly regarding S/N's as I list all serial numbers for guns that I sell online.

Perhaps you meant to ask me a question other than wondering of my concern...???

Phantom

Nope. Not even trying to argue. Just curious why you don’t think people should post pics of their guns. 

OK, since I seem to be behind the curve on this. Are the Wranglers akin to the USFA Rodeo series, same as the Single Six just a rougher finish? All parts are same dimensions?

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Nope. Not even trying to argue. Just curious why you don’t think people should post pics of their guns. 

I didn't say they "Shouldn't". If you or anyone else wants to show complete strangers what guns you have, go for it!

That said, doesn't mean I understand the need/want/desire...to do so.

Phantom

22 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

OK, since I seem to be behind the curve on this. Are the Wranglers akin to the USFA Rodeo series, same as the Single Six just a rougher finish? All parts are same dimensions?

Pretty much a completely different revolver...though I haven't taken one apart. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge will chime in on them regarding their construction. Price wise they sell for about 40% of the Dealer Cost of a Single Six.

Phantom

51 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Pretty much a completely different revolver...though I haven't taken one apart. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge will chime in on them regarding their construction. Price wise they sell for about 40% of the Dealer Cost of a Single Six.

Phantom

Well, OK. From everything I've read they seem to be well received. I really should get out more.

1 minute ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Maybe next time my nephew makes a run up to Colorado for, ahem, "supplies".

Just go across the border to Oklahoma!

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I didn't say they "Shouldn't". If you or anyone else wants to show complete strangers what guns you have, go for it!

That said, doesn't mean I understand the need/want/desire...to do so.

Phantom

Noted

36 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Just go across the border to Oklahoma!

NO! Oklahoma? You can't be proud to be an Okie from Muskogie anymore?

24 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

NO! Oklahoma? You can't be proud to be an Okie from Muskogie anymore?

I was amazed. There was a dispensary on every corner!

I reckon ole Meryl was wrong! 

2 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I wouldn’t say ‘all’ parts are the same dimensions, but they’re close enough that Wolff springs for a Single Six work in a Wrangler.

The finish isn’t rougher, the frame is cerakoted cast aluminum. Only the cylinder and barrel are steel.

Archived