SASS Wire Forum

Retirement can't get here soon enough!

Man...it gets harder and harder to leave our little cabin!!

We had a nice 4 day weekend. No winter issues that needed attention.

The man and middle son got set up with the yearly fishing liscense and gave it a shot. No bites.

(I still have 2 big trout in the freezer from last year!)

We have things ready and waiting for visits this season!!

20210503_093542.jpg

20210503_093807.jpg

20210503_093817.jpg

20210503_093908.jpg

20210503_093918.jpg

20210503_093928.jpg

Wowza that looks like a great place! :D

You ain't gonna hate retirement,  not one bit.

I was made for retirement.  I would not leave retirement for any job I previously held.  It’s hard to imagine an opportunity that would entice me back into the work force.  I’ll let you know if that happens!  :lol:

Hi Sue.

we could help you speed things up by going down to your job location with you and shooting the place up, then tell them that you sent us.  What do you think of that?

Cat Brules

Look at it this way, you have a dream in the makings already waiting for you.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Wowza that looks like a great place! :D

You ain't gonna hate retirement,  not one bit.

God blessed my dad's hard work and dad passed on those blessings!!

It is near Durango, Co...

If y'all are in the area, call and we will visit!!!

37 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

Hi Sue.

we could help you speed things up by going down to your job location with you and shooting the place up, then tell them that you sent us.  What do you think of that?

Cat Brules

My work is at home...kept woman and all...

But pray that maybe an early retirement package is offered at the next contract!!!

Well,  I hope you have nice, big plans for your retirement that keep you active, safe and happy.  Best wishes!!

CB

28 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Love that area. Just might take you up on that offer someday. Been over most of the passes in the Jeep.

I retired, with just one major regret. 

That I could not have retired sooner!!!!!!

The day I retired, I walked out to my Jeep, and never looked back. 

I miss that job like I miss a headache, when it is finally gone. 

No more management, no more bosses, no more diversity meetings, no more staff meetings, no more quotas, no more trying to make something work, that some manager purchased, sight unseen, no more having to be somewhere at a certain time, no more traffic, to and from work. You will be busy, trust me, but you won't have the pressure.

The very best part is...I get to enjoy my grandson more. As the song (about our grandchildren) says: "And now your dreams are waiting...say your prayers, and close your eyes. May you one day see them all come true. And always know the world's a better place, because of who you are. And that THE best part of ME...is YOU." 

To hear the whole song...go to youtube, and type in: "George Ensle - April's Lullaby".  Yer a daisy if ya do!!!!

Retirement opens the door to have more time to enjoy God, Family, and Friends, a lot more. 

I retired in 2005 and love it.  I have nowhere to go and all day to gt there.  I kep busy with what I WANT TO DO...that includes working on my black belt in napping.

You will need a hobby.  Mine is bitching about idiots in my world.  Doesn't take up much time and it doesn't cost much.

51 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I was asked once, “Now that you are retired, what do you do?

I replied, “Nothing.  And I don’t start that until 2:00 in the afternoon.”

Hummmm.  Romantic fireplace.  

When I get asked that question, my standard  reply is :

"Any darned thing I want to do!"

But the truth is ;

" Anything she wants me to do!"

Been that way for nearly 45 years.

Choctaw

21 years retired and still learning:lol:

Best part about it.....they still pay me not to go to wo** (ya know that 4 letter word)

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Me too! The farm we are on went from dirt poor to heaven. It took a few generations but it's our heaven!

Work is one of them 4 letter words and is way overrated for the most part. If you're one of those that gets paid gobs of money to do what you love, God bless you for you're one of the fortunate few. I highly recommend retirement as soon as possible.

I retired in 2017 and have no regrets. I love having to answer to no one (except the wife) LOL

I love the fact I can do what ever I want each day. I can stay busy or do absolutely do nothing if I choose.

Been retired 6 years now. Already very happy and keep busy with our few animals and acres, 3 grandsons (another baby due in October) and my shooting hobby.

Had no desire to work longer or take on a different job even part time. I can't imagine what someone could offer me to change that. 

Now with all the politics, woke training that is becoming mandatory at many jobs it would be 100 times worse. More happy then ever that I don't have to deal with it.

8 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You SHOULD!

If over a weekend, we can go to Bar D!

Do they still have the Bar-D Wranglers? We used to go over a couple or three times each summer the years  we lived in Farmington , from 97 till 04

Fun place(I really like Western music) , good eats.

Rex :D

Howdy,

I just wish I had paid more attention to my health.

Aches an pains sure mess up what could be really fine.

If you think something is wrong, dig into it.

Best

CR

10 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Do they still have the Bar-D Wranglers? We used to go over a couple or three times each summer the years  we lived in Farmington , from 97 till 04

Fun place(I really like Western music) , good eats.

Rex :D

YES!!!

I was born and raised in Farmington!!!

Gary Cook is still there from that era. Wranglers have come and gone, but the Bar D is still the Bar D.

My school age buddy is the bass player/comedy.

Last year was sad as Cy was called home.

Was blessed to have had a nice chat with him prior to his passing.

10 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I just wish I had paid more attention to my health.

Aches an pains sure mess up what could be really fine.

If you think something is wrong, dig into it.

Best

CR

I plan on that after EOT.

Too many consistant 'why's' to ignore.

25 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I plan on that after EOT.

Too many consistant 'why's' to ignore.

Miss Sue...

If you look on youtube to listen to George Ensle sing April's Lullaby, also be sure to listen to his other really great song: "All I Need". 

That one is about him praying for things, and the answers he is given are not what he expected. 

He wrote both songs, and he is really a great singer/song writer. We have had him at our Cowboy Church, several times, and he is even better in person.

He is based in the Austin music scene, which is about the only good thing Austin has to offer, other than our conservative governor.  

Thanks, and be safe.

Yer Ole Saddle Pal...

W.K. 

I retired 6 years ago... and have mixed feelings.
I did so love the work, and did so hate the management politics.

IMO it is important to find a purpose after retirement.
It is so easy to drift along, where the days become years.
I see many in my social group just marking time and waiting to die.
They are long retired, but no longer have a purpose.

13 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Miss Sue...

If you look on youtube to listen to George Ensle sing April's Lullaby, also be sure to listen to his other really great song: "All I Need". 

That one is about him praying for things, and the answers he is given are not what he expected. 

He wrote both songs, and he is really a great singer/song writer. We have had him at our Cowboy Church, several times, and he is even better in person.

He is based in the Austin music scene, which is about the only good thing Austin has to offer, other than our conservative governor.  

Thanks, and be safe.

Yer Ole Saddle Pal...

W.K. 

I will...and I do pray for the right paths to take.

Last Dr visit 4 years ago from swelling ended up being a bloodclot in my ankle!!!

Worked 3 weeks at WR with that mess...God disolved it....that I'm sure of.

So yup...not chancing things again. Not as 'young as I used to be'!

I would love to have that option Sue. Nice cabin!

I was going to wait until I turned 62 to retire. That’s 630 days from now (Thanks @Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L)

Retirement can't get here soon enough!

My grandmother always told me not to wish my life away...but, doggone-it, it’s hard not to sometimes .  

I'm officially retired 3 years next month. There is plenty to keep you busy, engaged, and networked if you want.

I'm active with my church as an elder, with my house and yard maintenance, with my SASS club, work outs, still interested in my children's adult lives, use the lifelong learning institutes at UVA and JMU for classes.......... You get to make your life how you want it, as all the time is yours. And CR is right, your health needs to be prioritized.  God has been very good to me.  

End of this month will be 4 years since I quit hunting sex offenders. Busy now with Church, shooting and finishing up our move.

One of my bosses ( B) guy) said he was going to retire as soon as he could (age 55) so he could enjoy life. I took that to heart and have been retired almost 17 years.  Yeah, I'm that old, in years. 

Hubby was disabled about that time and we finally moved to the boonies (a 50 minute drive from our house), after living in downtown Sacramento (six blocks from the Capital) for 35 years.

Do what you need to (to keep your sanity)!

Archived