SASS Wire Forum

Style Points for fun.

Many of your big multi day shoots often have a theme like Cowboy Songs or TV Westerns or a Specific movie or what have you.

Now, here is an idea, just for fun.    Everything else about the match is done as normal for scoring, awards and so forth.   

But what if there was some way to create a "style points" award for a shooter who goes out of his or her way to somehow "evoke" the theme of the match.   If the theme is Cowboy Songs, shooter somehow uses a gun that is referenced in the song, for example.   This is a totally "For Fun" idea, and the "prize" would be nothing more than saying, "I've got style" when the day is done.   This a very vague idea in my mind, and it might be completely unworkable, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if minds better than mine can make some sense of it.

Perhaps at the banquet there could be an award for the person with the most "match theme style" or something.   Depending on what that theme is, it might not be real easy to pick that person out of the entire group.

We used to see a lot more of that sort of stuff many years ago.  I was known for singin through the stage or more likely yelling at the bad guys through it all, just like the old radio shows.

It was for fun and no way to score it other than laughs.

When I first moved to Georgia and did that, they were laughing so hard the almost couldn't count my misses.

Heard a top shooter comment, "He could be pretty good, if he'd just shut up and shoot."

So I eventually did that and had great fun shooting pretty fast and wining a lot of categories if not entire matches.  As I've aged, I probably need to get my singin' voice back.  :D:D:D

One Florida shooter became famous for his antics and fun.  His goal was to shoot clean and come in last.  A great guy!

Only one posse will get to see and enjoy the show.  

Maybe have each posse vote for a “Clown” award?

12 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

So I eventually did that and had great fun shooting pretty fast and wining a lot of categories if not entire matches.  As I've aged, I probably need to get my singin' voice back.  :D:D:D

I was at a match once where my day could only charitably be called a "Train Wreck."   I had losta misses, malfunctions, Ps and other unpleasant stuff happen.   So, when it came to the last stage, instead of "the Line," I just said, "The following is to commemorate that my experience today has been a train wreck," and at the beep, I started singing "The Wabash Cannonball" as I worked through the stage.

Archived