SASS Wire Forum

Bring all the guns you need to shoot and holsters toooooooo!!

Dirty Dog Doug

Got to the range this morning  see I forgot my bag with  holster and shotgun belt.

unloaded my gun cart  put my rifle and shotgun on it , then go to get my pistols  

the case was Not in my car tooo

Glad of the cowboy way a guy loaned me 2 Rugers  and I shot off the tables 

did pretty good the day starting soo bad

sad thing is I was up for over an hour before leaving so cant even say I was rushed 

48 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Real simple checklist:

Guns

Ammo

Hat

Holster

Say it in your head before leaving home.

Done!

Now if you forget you cart...can't help ya.

Phantom

Guns

Ammo

Hat

Holster

Cart

I'm here to help. I'll be here all week.

9 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Guns

Ammo

Hat

Holster

Cart

I'm here to help. I'll be here all week.

Sayin' it in my head...Guns-Ammo-Hat-Holster just flows better...besides, I've been doing it this way for close to 18 years...

;)

At my age I use checklists for many of my activities. 

Sometimes, just too much to try to remember and too many chances to forget something critical. Like your holsters.

Been there,

Done that.

Got the T-shirt.

me too , i always have a list and dnt cross off till in the vehicle , i generally have way more with me than needed or used , but ...better there than at home collectin dust and borrowed , 

i did once run out of ammo through a fluke of packing crossoff , its why i dont cross off just because i staged it [the end table was not on my packing list] i only cross off after in the proper transport , not forgotten the cart before or my hat or boots , but ive been without something i wanted that failed to make the list , soooooooo....

i now have a master list that includes items i might not need - just cross them off the copy as i go when packing , no need to be without , you can add other items to that master list or delete as you go , you can also BE the "cowboy way" and have extra for 'that guy' who needs a bit of help on the trail , 

drop by our camp , we are very willing to share a beer or cup of coffee if you wish to explain how you ended up without something as well as help you find what you need or supply it , happy trails 

If we’re taking my Camaro or my son’s Mustang, both of which are garage kept, everything gets packed the night before, which makes morning prep easy. If we’re taking Sharyn’s Honda, which lives in the driveway, everything but guns gets packed the night before.

I switch guns frequently, so the important thing is, do I have the right ammo for the guns I plan on shooting?

Once I ended up with 16 ga. ammo at a match and I don't have a 16 ga. gun. Turned out I bought cases of shells and someone slipped in a few 16 ga. boxes in the case. 

Know the feeling.  Was very excited to travel from Glendale AZ to Craig Colorado for Dept of Platt Muster a few years back.  Had my RNV in my office so I would not forget it.  Got to colorado BP ammo for 45 colt.  original TD Springfield 1888 ammo for 45/70 both short range light loads for the maneuver course.  Extra light loads for the team event no RNV.  Happily Sage BrushBurns loaned me a 45 colt open top 1860.  Good time was had by all.  Hopefully I got it back to him as clean or cleaner than I got it.  Shot a bunch of BP rounds.  Must have he still talks to me.

SASS and GAF pards are the best

At my very first match, I forgot to bring my holsters and belt.   I was that excited to be there!

One nice shooter went to his vehicle and let me use a spare belt and holsters he had brought along.

Thereafter, I gathered my guns and stuff and had it all ready the night before. :)

Archived