SASS Wire Forum

Looking for .45 cal, 200 gr Round nose, coated bullets. Any suggestions

Title says it all.  I thought that not shooting much last year that I was OK  Now I find my supply of coated bullets in this caliber & configuration has escaped.  Thanks for looking.  C.W.  :FlagAm:  :)

39 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Will these work for ya?  If so, PM your address and I will flat rate box to you.  Your's for the ship rate.  Friend helping a friend.

Chas B

IMG_20210502_152933071.jpg

IMG_20210502_152907809.jpg

That is a great offer, I take my hat off to you.  This is what makes me proud to be a cowboy.

1 minute ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Not there! Mine have been ordered since dec 12, 2020

Dang. Was thinking of getting some soon. I’ve got some ACP’s- can they be used for lc’s? I’d be happy to share what I’ve got...

:FlagAm: I have your addy off the Regulator's members list.  Will get them out to you this week.

Chas B

PS: Our addy is wrong on that list.  Need to have Poppa Dave correct.

On second thought, send no funds.  Will see you in OCT.:P

Chas

17 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

Dang. Was thinking of getting some soon. I’ve got some ACP’s- can they be used for lc’s? I’d be happy to share what I’ve got...

They will work, but if they are round nose you don't want to load them in rifles.

First off, thank each of you for your responses.  I have known Chas for several years and the bullets that he offered and the ones that I have been using have crimp groove but they are NOT needed for ACP.   Also I agree,  I would not use Real round nose in my tubular fed rifles.  Thanks to all Great Cowboys all around, :D :D.

Thanks again and I will look at each of the suppliers that you offered.  Shoot straight, as often as you can, C-U, C. W.  :FlagAm:  :)

Brazos makes a great bullet and well priced, less cost than many sources mentioned here. They have a .com and a Facebook page. I reallly like 'em ,and like that they sell sample pax .

Missouri Bullet

I use Ringer's bullets...
He makes up a custom run of soft cast BHN=9 for me, in 6k lots in 357 and 44.
These are Hi-Tek coated

Ringer's first, then Missouri are my go to's

CSA Bullets and Shot, LLC

Col Tuscarora just started casting coated bullets.  He is normally on site at all the North Alabama matches.  Good bullets and prices.

:DThanks again to all.  I tried Ringer first and he was back with a quick reply that he was not casting at this time, so this search.  I have used Scarlett's bullets and have her on my list to check.  I will look at all that were mentioned.  I prefer the full round nose if possible, RNFP would be second choice.  With Chas's excellent help the immediate situation is more under control.  Great amount of help here once again.  C-U, C. W. 

205 grain RNFP Bear Creek. They were delivered in less then 10 days after ordering them on the phone.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:18 PM, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Not there! Mine have been ordered since dec 12, 2020

@Marshall Matt I am not sure Bayou Bullets is even in business anymore I am out 4 months on my order and NO RESPONSE to emails or calls :(

Chey or Scarlett are my go to these days very responsive and fast shipping!

On 5/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Cimarron bullets are running 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, if you can wait that long.  https://www.cimarronbullets.com

Delivery times are much faster now

I ordered 1000 .38 coated bullets from Apache Bullets on 5/2/21 and they were delivered today 5/5/21. That's 3 days folks.....amazed

Archived