SASS Wire Forum

Check and clean your brass

Rye Miles #13621

On 5/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I had a split case yesterday in my rifle. It cost me 6 rounds that's 30 seconds plus I was flustered and shot my pistol wrong so that cost me a "P"!:angry:

I loaded some brass that I didn't clean and couldn't see the split in the case.  That hardly ever happens when the brass is clean but we should look over the brass when we're reloading and at the LT.

I should know this by now! I kicked myself in the behind for this and now my knee is sore!:o

You should have delegated that responsibility!  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Cat Brules

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

You should have delegated that responsibility!  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Cat Brules

I'm sure I'd have no problem finding someone!:lol:

Don't load so hot... my extractor can still pull cases split longitudinally the full length of the case...  Sometimes the stereo's too loud to hear cases ring like a bell, and sometimes the split's always on the other side from my visuals...  EVERY split case found goes in the junk brass bin, to be taken to the recycler... once every ten years or so!  :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Griff said:

Don't load so hot... my extractor can still pull cases split longitudinally the full length of the case...  Sometimes the stereo's too loud to hear cases ring like a bell, and sometimes the split's always on the other side from my visuals...  EVERY split case found goes in the junk brass bin, to be taken to the recycler... once every ten years or so!  :ph34r:

My guns will pull them too. A split case with a bullet telescoped into it in the mag tube not so much. 

Archived