SASS Wire Forum

Old SASS Founder's Ranch artifact for sale on the Colt Forum

Cholla

This is not mine and I don't know the guy but I thought some of you might be interested.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/ok-cowboys.384752/#post-3287585

It's a Founder's Ranch/New Mexico Cattle Brands thing on parchment paper. I have no idea what it was supposed to be used for or when it was made.

Good luck.

From his ad: "Here is a print of all the Registered Cattle Brands for the State of New Mexico. This was a tribute piece given to me By the Single Action Shooting Society. It Measures Approximately 23" X 23", on parchment paper, the ink is brown in color...I don't think many of these survived...
I was going to get it framed, but my taste run a little on the expensive side so I held off.. $100.00 plus USPS Flat Rate Shipping in Tube. It would look great with your Cowboy image in the center."

img_2536-jpg.735639

It tells me that I have to log in and become a member of the Colt forum before I can look at that post.

That ain't happening.

2 hours ago, Cholla said:

This is not mine and I don't know the guy but I thought some of you might be interested.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/ok-cowboys.384752/#post-3287585

It's a Founder's Ranch/New Mexico Cattle Brands thing on parchment paper. I have no idea what it was supposed to be used for or when it was made.

Good luck.

Hey, can you give me the sellers name?

Sounds really odd...

Can’t find it.

I created a login for the site.

For the link in the OP, I get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Looks like the post was taken down (or moderated).

I’m not gonna give up information to go looking for it,

CB

img_2536-jpg.735639

From the ad: "Here is a print of all the Registered Cattle Brands for the State of New Mexico. This was a tribute piece given to me By the Single Action Shooting Society. It Measures Approximately 23" X 23", on parchment paper, the ink is brown in color...I don't think many of these survived...
I was going to get it framed, but my taste run a little on the expensive side so I held off.. $100.00 plus USPS Flat Rate Shipping in Tube. It would look great with your Cowboy image in the center."

If it is something you want, I can send your information to him. He is Kid Sopris on the forums. I know they have a requirement to be a pad member or have 50 posts before being able to sell something. I didn't realize you could not view the classifieds.

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hmmmmm.....

The only thing I can recall was a bunch of placemats on parchment paper with old NM brands....

I assume this is what it originally was.

Edited. 

image.png

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hmmmmm.....

The only thing I can recall was a bunch of placemats on parchment paper with old NM brands....

Had them in restaurants all over the country.  Dozens of different patterns and sizes with all kinds of restaurant, cafe, and truck stop names on them.  My sister and I collected them when we went on summer vacations with our Mom and Dad.

Those and the license plate pages in full color from Life magazine that came out every April.

Wish I knew what became of them.

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

Edited. 

image.png

Uhm...yup. We were given several of these when we first joined SASS by a fellow shooter.

Not a Founders Ranch 'artifact'...

Me thinks someone was trying to cash in on Founders shutting their gates?

Wich, by the way...Founders is still running, new owners have great plans...still doing CAS matches, ect.

14 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Had them in restaurants all over the country.  Dozens of different patterns and sizes with all kinds of restaurant, cafe, and truck stop names on them.  My sister and I collected them when we went on summer vacations with our Mom and Dad.

Those and the license plate pages in full color from Life magazine that came out every April.

Wish I knew what became of them.

As I was looking at that picture that @Chollaprovided I was thinking I had seen these before as well. There was a restaurant in Albuquerque that had “brand” placemats. I also seem to recall seeing them in other restaurants as well. 

A hunnert bucks???

Archived