SASS Wire Forum

Colt "State" Commemorative SAA's

Does anyone know if a listing for all the various "State" Commemorative SAA's that Colt made over the years.   I have seen things pistols designed to commemorate important things in various states like California, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, Maine and more than a few others.   Even own one of them.   Most of them seem to be either .45 Colt or .22LR.  Sometimes they are in a pair in both calibers.

But I have not seen a complete list of every state that Colt issued such a revolver for.   I have never seen one for my home state of Massachusetts for example, and other than Maine, nothing for the rest of New England.  Not even Connecticut.   I am just wondering if any "list" of what they did exists.

Almost all of these revolvers are Second Generation, a few, I think, are Third, but all of them seem to be on the C and R list.   They also all seem to have interesting configurations, and generally are more affordable than a "Generic" Colt made at the same time.   I'm not looking for an exhaustive list of all the Colt Commemoratives, just the ones connected to a particular state.

Have you asked on the Colt forums? The quality seems to be all over the place on them. I would think someone there could answer your questions.

https://www.coltforum.com/threads/colt-saa-commemeratives.384148/

Using the link PWB posted I found this: image.png.77b6e4f33fec02fdc2c8caf4db27fc88.png

https://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/#/SearchCategory/Gun/513/COLTS_MANUFACTURING_COMPANY_LLC_FACTORY_COMMEMORATIVES_SPECIAL_LIMITED_EDITIONS

There is a book out about colt Commerative guns autos and SAA and percussion and 22s. I have a copy but never mentioned making state commeratives for all the states

Since most associate the Colt SAA with the Wild West, I would assume that is where they would focus their market. Never once did I see a Bat Masterson episode that took place in New England. In the period of the Second Generation SAAs, that's what was driving most of the market, the hundreds of westerns on TV and the silver screen.

Archived