SASS Wire Forum

Car Jacking at Gas Station................oops!

Raylan

Well not in California. Other states differ. Though don't know if this if from the states or elsewhere. 

In California or any place that has them just hold onto the rubber exhaust gas tube around the nozzle and force it back to make the switch then spray away. You betcha! It works! It just takes two hands.
I doused two drunks this way that wanted to fight with me. I am pretty sure they thought I was someone else.  This was 30 years ago. Nozzles still work the same today. 

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Are you sure ?

.... I've managed to do some stupid things in my life but never did any band strike up an anthem of any kind ....

But did you have anyone filming you while you were doing them?  To be an official "Stupid Stunt" it has to be on tape.  Before the advent of cameras no one was capable of Stupid Stunts.

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Hm.  I don't think those things work like that... 

most still do in Mi , depending on the station allot of times when I’m filling gas cans I can’t completely open the nozzle or gas will splash back out of the can . Busy stations usually have the pump pressure cranked up to move more customers through 

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Are you sure ?

.... I've managed to do some stupid things in my life but never did any band strike up an anthem of any kind ....

You need a better stupid tricks budget, so you can afford the band.  Everyone needs their own theme music.  :P

Quick thinking. But expensive. :D

9 hours ago, Raylan said:

Well not in California. Other states differ. Though don't know if this if from the states or elsewhere. 

It's from a Malaysian site.

One thing that kind of makes me think that maybe @Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984may be right is that gasoline nozzle sure can shoot the gas a fair distance. I can recall 3 times in my life where I sprayed gas from a nozzle. The one I mentioned above and once when a locked nozzle popped out of the gas tube on my car and fell and another when I was really ticked off (long story) and I inadvertently squeezed the trigger on the nozzle when putting it back in the pump. 
Each time the gas came out in a stream like from a water hose without a spray nozzle. 

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Hm.  I don't think those things work like that... 

Do all gasoline nozzles in CA have to have the vapor recovery garbage?  Or are some of the out of the way places exempt?

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

One thing that kind of makes me think that maybe @Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984may be right is that gasoline nozzle sure can shoot the gas a fair distance. I can recall 3 times in my life where I sprayed gas from a nozzle. The one I mentioned above and once when a locked nozzle popped out of the gas tube on my car and fell and another when I was really ticked off (long story) and I inadvertently squeezed the trigger on the nozzle when putting it back in the pump. 
Each time the gas came out in a stream like from a water hose without a spray nozzle. 

Yes they are high volume pumps and nozzles. Otherwise it would take a Looonng time to fill your tank.

Fortunately the jackers didn't appear to be armed. A gunfight in a gasoline shower would be imprudent..

Just now, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Fortunately the jackers didn't appear to be armed. A gunfight in a gasoline shower would be imprudent..

Yeah.....a black powder shooter would really make life interesting!

12 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Do all gasoline nozzles in CA have to have the vapor recovery garbage?  Or are some of the out of the way places exempt?

I am pretty sure they all do at publicly used gas stations. 

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

But did you have anyone filming you while you were doing them?  To be an official "Stupid Stunt" it has to be on tape.  Before the advent of cameras no one was capable of Stupid Stunts.

Oh.....I don't think that's so.  I (and most of the guys I knew) managed A LOT of stupid stunts myself back in the days when most film was black and white and very few had color film.

Of course they weren't "movies" and most of them disappeared over the years, but still.............!!!

6 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Are you sure ?

As long as it didn’t require a screen name like Buck Naked 

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am pretty sure they all do at publicly used gas stations. 

I know that in the rural areas the smog equipment requirements are different, and I think you don't have to get your vehicle smogged every other year.  I thought maybe the vapor recovery was also different.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I doused two drunks this way that wanted to fight with me. I am pretty sure they thought I was someone else.  This was 30 years ago. Nozzles still work the same today. 

Same for me, working the solo grave shift at a Shell station.
Circa 1968, two drunks in a convertible looking for a fight at 2am.
Several gallons of gas right in the face of the drunk in the passenger seat did the trick.

9 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Are you sure ?

Have you never seen the Keystone Kops?

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Malaysisanions (Malaysisa-ites?)  have camera?

Oddly enough most of the world is pretty civilized these days. TVs, cell phones, I Pads.

A lot of Americans think foreigners still live in grass huts. Thanks, Hollywood. :lol:

I will refrain from any comments about Malaysian Airlines..

Archived