SASS Wire Forum

More reason to love Australia...

Sixgun Sheridan

Now they've got giant flying crocodiles landing in peoples' boats:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/13-foot-long-crocodile-jumps-into-fisherman-s-boat-in-incredibly-rare-attack/ar-BB1gejSi?li=BBorjTa

Of course if you want to improve your chances of seeing one of these things it helps to cook a nice smelly meal right inside your boat in the middle of a croc-infested river.  :rolleyes:

They say the authorities are now looking for the crocodile. It always infuriates me when they go looking for an animal like that afterwards just to kill it. The thing was only guilty of being a crocodile. Do something instead about the idiot who thought it was a great idea to cook a meal inside his boat. :angry:

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/13-foot-long-crocodile-jumps-into-fisherman-s-boat-in-incredibly-rare-attack/ar-BB1gejSi?li=BBorjTa

Of course if you want to improve your chances of seeing one of these things it helps to cook a nice smelly meal right inside your boat in the middle of a croc-infested river.  :rolleyes:

They say the authorities are now looking for the crocodile. It always infuriates me when they go looking for an animal like that afterwards just to kill it. The thing was only guilty of being a crocodile. Do something instead about the idiot who thought it was a great idea to cook a meal inside his boat. :angry:

The thing is that the croc now associates human activity with chow. Not his fault but you still have to take him out.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

+10000000000000

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The story says they were looking for him. Didn't say what they were going to do, and how would they find it? 

My question: why is it the Alligator River when there are no alligators there?

generally they dont kill them. They try to capture them and then put them out to stud in a croc farm. if they knew what was coming they would be lining up to be caught.

6 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Another Darwin candidate. :wacko:

That is funny.

The Territory Capitol where this happened is Darwin:D

Yep its named after Charles Darwin.

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The story says they were looking for him. Didn't say what they were going to do, and how would they find it? 

My question: why is it the Alligator River when there are no alligators there?

What can you say, British explorers weren't paying attention to the genus? 

Archived