SASS Wire Forum

Where to get custom-made clothes?

Kent Ketchum

Okay, I am just getting back into SASS.  None of my old stuff fits.  And I am a big guy.  Does anybody know who makes custom shirts?  I can find just about everything else I need.  But nothing that comes remotely close to a shirt that fits my neck.  Who have you guys used in the past?

Contact these people and talk to them. Worst that can happen is they say, "Sorry, but we can't help you." Victorian Clothes, 1800 Clothes, Victorian Era Clothing, 1800 Clothing, Old West Mercantile, River Junction

Ain't Dunit has a sister or something that makes really nice custom shirts for Cowpokes....

He doesn't get on the wire much, but I bet Phantom or Colorado Jackson will know how to get ahold of him for Ya.......

Kingsize.com has some Mandarin Collar shirts for big guys. I was just looking at them in their last catalog.

1 hour ago, Kent Ketchum said:

Okay, I am just getting back into SASS.  None of my old stuff fits.  And I am a big guy.  Does anybody know who makes custom shirts?  I can find just about everything else I need.  But nothing that comes remotely close to a shirt that fits my neck.  Who have you guys used in the past?

Boilerplate Jacksons Shirt Works & Tailoring 

boilerplatejackson@hotmail.com  

https://www.facebook.com/Boilerplate-Jacksons-Shirt-Works-Tailoring-189293624607040

I've seen Jack make 6X shirts and custom-sized "big & tall" trousers.

Get a hold of Black Hills Barb. She is from Pa and makes mens shirts to fit all sizes and designs. All handmade here in the USA. Look up El Posse Grande her contact info is on there. She is at a match this weekend but does check her email. Tell her Sgt Hochbauer sent you.

Hochbauer

4 hours ago, McCandless said:

Boilerplate Jacksons Shirt Works & Tailoring 

boilerplatejackson@hotmail.com  

https://www.facebook.com/Boilerplate-Jacksons-Shirt-Works-Tailoring-189293624607040

I've seen Jack make 6X shirts and custom-sized "big & tall" trousers.

IIRC, He'll be at the Kansas state SASS match again this year.  His work is first rate.

Ask your dry cleaner establishment for the name of their seamstress.  Every dry cleaning business employs seamstresses to repair clothes damaged in the dry cleaning process. Historically I have found these ladies to be very receptive to custom projects.

18 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Another possibility: find a local tailor who will sew shirts using patterns from Buckaroo Bobbins.

Geneva use to make cloths too.  

On 4/30/2021 at 1:21 PM, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Contact these people and talk to them. Worst that can happen is they say, "Sorry, but we can't help you." Victorian Clothes, 1800 Clothes, Victorian Era Clothing, 1800 Clothing, Old West Mercantile, River Junction

All your links go to River Junction.  :huh:

5 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Is Leta still in business???

Yes Ma'am, and she is good people to deal with, too.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Ain't Dunit has a sister or something that makes really nice custom shirts for Cowpokes....

He doesn't get on the wire much, but I bet Phantom or Colorado Jackson will know how to get ahold of him for Ya.......

She's not doing stuff for the "General" public...maybe some day she will cuz she's AWESOME!!!!

Try these also:  Historical Emporium; and here:  Wild West Merchantile; also try Spur Western Wear;  or Cattle Kate;  or Old West Trading Company;  There's a couple of others... but inventory in large sizes can be hit or miss!  Good Luck.

https://www.terryssewingshop.com/

Terry makes clothes for SASS, NCOWS, and re-inactors. She has done complete custom projects for me and Shortcake with fabulous results.

She even made some for country singer Michael Martin Murphy.

Terry is our go-to lady for our custom clothing.

She is located in Wisconsin, and does quick work. 

I see I got a mention.  I make shirts from XS up to 3XL.  I have some available right now because I vend at a handful of matches each year.  If you are interested in seeing what I might have available right now in your size, please contact me.  I can take pictures of all shirts available in your size.  I can also take pics of fabric I have on hand that is available.
My email is basnyder1@comcast.net.

Archived