SASS Wire Forum

Johnny Crawford R.I.P. 4/29/21

Yohanaqua

Another one from the golden age of TV westerns has passed.  Peacefully @ home with his wife at his side.  So should it go with all of us.

ML

I met Johnny Crawford and Dan Haggerty at a Western event in Southern Ohio a few years ago. Me, Prairie Dawg, Old Iron Hip and Kit Colleen set up a cowboy action shooting table complete with guns and clothes, boots, spurs etc. for information on SASS. Johnny and Dan stopped by and talked with us. Nice people. They got up on stage later and told stories of their careers. Interesting. 

I realized then that I was the same age as Johnny Crawford when he was on The Rifleman.:o

RIP Johnny Crawford and thanks for the memories!;)

RIP.

Thanks for the memories. I'll always remember watching The Rifleman and wishing that my dad was home from Vietnam so that we could be like Mark and Lukas because my dad was like Lucas in many ways. Later in life, I watched The Great Texas Dynamite Chase and said to myself, Mark...you lucky dog.

Rest In Peace Mr. Crawford.

8 hours ago, Yohanaqua said:

Another one from the golden age of TV westerns has passed.  Peacefully @ home with his wife at his side.  So should it go with all of us.

ML

Your post headline says 5/29/21. It’s 4/29/21 

Just sayin..........

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Your post headline says 5/29/21. It’s 4/29/21 

Just sayin..........

Always living in the future, that’s me. If I knew how to edit it I would.  Sorry about that.

ML

• Yohanaqua changed the title to Johnny Crawford R.I.P. 4/29/21
14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If you want to edit a post...  in the upper right of each post there is an ellipses (three dots). If you wrote the post the third option is edit. After that you are on your own.

Many thanks!

33 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Also the man who ruined one of the most important cowboy photographs in history 

What picture was that?

34 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.fc256b1063c2c01d0c5f5bc52c0c08a6.png

I hope he thought that it was funny at the time. I don't but then, I wasn't there. Too bad, that was an All Star cast if there ever was one

Archived