SASS Wire Forum

She Is Only Sixteen

Subdeacon Joe

... that creaking sound you hear partway through the video is my jaw hinge ... as my chin drops to about belt buckle level ...

I had to winch the mandible back into place so I could whistle in admiration!

She just turned 18, graduated high school at 16 and started college at 17. She loads her own ammo, builds stages, teaches shooting, Range officer etc. Also teaches shooting. She mostly shoots handguns and has won 8 or 9 Hi lady national championships in Limited, Limited 10 ans Single Stack (1911s).

I shot on her squad at the 2020 Western States Single Stack match and have seen her shoot at others. Very hard worker and amazing shooter. Great parents. Her sister is very successful too. She's (Jalice) shooting in Thailand at the World IPSC match this year

I shot a Berry’s match in Utah a few years back and saw them shoot when they were even younger. IIRC, Jalise is the younger and was ROing one of the stages. I questioned her about the stage and was amazed by her knowledge, not just of that particular stage, but of safety, running the stage efficiently and the way she could communicate- even to an old fart like myself. Great to see them continue on!

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

She just turned 18, graduated high school at 16 and started college at 17. She loads her own ammo, builds stages, teaches shooting, Range officer etc. Also teaches shooting. She mostly shoots handguns and has won 8 or 9 Hi lady national championships in Limited, Limited 10 ans Single Stack (1911s).

I shot on her squad at the 2020 Western States Single Stack match and have seen her shoot at others. Very hard worker and amazing shooter. Great parents. Her sister is very successful too. She's (Jalice) shooting in Thailand at the World IPSC match this year

I thought it was Jalise that just turned 18.  Then went to a welding school somewhere in Alaska.  I've been following them on FB for a few years now, watching them blossom into beautiful, talented, competent young women. 

1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I thought it was Jalise that just turned 18.  Then went to a welding school somewhere in Alaska.  I've been following them on FB for a few years now, watching them blossom into beautiful, talented, competent young women. 

And scary fast shooters  :o :FlagAm:

16 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

And scary fast shooters  :o :FlagAm:

Scary fast AND ACCURATE shooters.

Who was it said something like "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."?  They are some of the fastest "slow" shooters I've seen.

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

Scary fast AND ACCURATE shooters.

Who was it said something like "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."?  They are some of the fastest "slow" shooters I've seen.

Yessir!!

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You are right. She just had an article in the USPSA magazine about turning 18 and not being a junior. Told about their first getting interested and her progression as a junior shooter. Jalise is the one I've seen more about, got them confused.

Archived