SASS Wire Forum

Skb shooters?

Ringer

I don't have exactly what you're asking for but maybe this will help.

SKB 100 with beavertail forearm cut to 22".    LOP 12 1/2" with kickease recoil pad.   6lbs 9oz

SKB 100 with splinter forearm cut to 22".   LOP 12 1/2" with kickease recoil pad.    6 lbs 3 oz.

My Stoeger Coach Gun with 20" barrels is just under 7 pounds, 6 1/2 per the factory specs.

Sorry, misunderstood!

My SKB 200E is 6.53 lbs and my SKB 280 is 6.68 lbs.  Both have 22 inch barrels.  I find the break action works better and the  gun is more balanced in my hands with a 22 inch barrel.

2 hours ago, Ozark Shark said:

My SKB 200E is 6.53 lbs and my SKB 280 is 6.68 lbs.  Both have 22 inch barrels.  I find the break action works better and the  gun is more balanced in my hands with a 22 inch barrel.

Same here, that extra weight out on the end helps it break open easier. 

18 hours ago, Ringer said:

What does your 12 ga 20" gun weigh?

Since this thing has gone 9 posts and nobody has answered your question yet, I will do the best I can. Both the wife and I have SKB 100’s. Both have pistol grip stocks and 20” barrels. Both stocks have had about 3/4” cut off. Mine has a sporting clays pad installed and Pinky’s has a leather but cover. On my bathroom scales they each weigh 6.2 pounds. That’s as accurate I can get with that scale. Hope this helps 

18 hours ago, Ringer said:

What does your 12 ga 20" gun weigh?

Also, since I know what your shooting. My Browning in the same configuration as my Skb, with the sporting clays pad only the stock was cut about 1/2” shorter weighed in at 6.6 pounds on the same scale. Also, the balance point on the Browning is about 1” farther toward the butt than the SKB

56 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Also, since I know what your shooting. My Browning in the same configuration as my Skb, with the sporting clays pad only the stock was cut about 1/2” shorter weighed in at 6.6 pounds on the same scale. Also, the balance point on the Browning is about 1” farther toward the butt than the SKB

Ok. 

Having both, in very similar configuration, do you see much difference in the shooting?

39 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Ok. 

Having both, in very similar configuration, do you see much difference in the shooting?

The chambers are slightly farther apart on the Browning. Takes a few times practice loading to hit the chambers smoothly for me

9 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

The chambers are slightly farther apart on the Browning. Takes a few times practice loading to hit the chambers smoothly for me

Times comparable?

1 minute ago, Ringer said:

Times comparable?

Yes. Best thing I like about the Skb over the Browning is that the barrels clean easier when using BP substitutes. Even though I shoot the Skb almost exclusively, the Browning feels like a more solid gun. I like the Skb because even the 1/2 pound difference in weight is easier on the arthritis in my right wrist when I shuck the hulls 

7 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Yes. Best thing I like about the Skb over the Browning is that the barrels clean easier when using BP substitutes. Even though I shoot the Skb almost exclusively, the Browning feels like a more solid gun. I like the Skb because even the 1/2 pound difference in weight is easier on the arthritis in my right wrist when I shuck the hulls 

Thanks.

This is why I'm looking for lighter.

Having more and different hand and wrist issues.

Wondered if the little difference would be worth it.

13 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Thanks.

You’re very welcome. I would suggest before you buy one that you try to feel the English stock one also. They are a few ounces lighter because of straight stock. Also go with the splinter forearm to save another couple ounces over the beaver tail one. I know we’re only talking a couple of ounces, but people with wrist problems will know what I’m talking about. 

43 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Thanks.

I also have hand and wrist issues and I find for me that an SKB is easier to handle than a BSS........

For me, the straight stock doesn't work as well as the pistol grip....

And a Beavertail is a Big Positive ........ IF you plan to shoot BP.

But everyone is different, so As Roy L Pain suggests "Try before you Buy"

Archived