SASS Wire Forum

Missing monthly matches...

Singin' Sue 71615

And not Covid related...just seems from mid February to August, there is a match we travel to...or spending time at the lake with the kids.

I was wondering how many others are finding themselves 'away' on a club weekend?

When Shanley and I started in 2008 at Founders, we easily had 3 posse of 22 and sometimes 4 of 18.

Now if there are 2 posse of 16, it seems fantastic.

I believe our change has been simple fact.

With 6 kids, we were 'tied' down...not easy to travel.

Now, with the RVs, it is even easier to pack and go.

Just curious on what others see.

My two cents:

We will benefit by adding young family units to our sport. Might need to look at ways to get that 'group' to take interest.

Covid is one issue.  Primers/components is another perhaps more influential issue. 

BS

26 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Covid is one issue.  Primers/components is another perhaps more influential issue. 

BS

So...are you usually home for monthly club matches (shooting or not) or do you find yourself doing something else/ being somewhere else?

I haven't shot even a monthly since Land Run last October! :(

Sometimes life just don't give much sugar.

Haven’t been to a match since Nov 2019. :( Don’t know when I will or if.

Missed both shoots this month due to a nasty sinus infection and screwed up back. Looking forward to the 8th!

Once primers come back and I can reload for all my friends I'm hoping to bring in more people my age (early 30s) to the sport, at least I'll do my best. 

Ive already gotten a few of my friends excited about black powder... brought a original 16 gauge rolling block shotgun to a trap club last month and let my friends bust some clays with it. They were all grinning. I said wait til you shoot my SAAs!

Only thing is these days with so much going on around us, family, work, maintaining friendships, supporting my buddies who do fundraisers (they always land on a Sunday morning) its hard to keep consistency. Im guilty of that sometimes.

Between our Governor's mandated lockdown and some nasty weather, I've shot one match since last November( not counting last weekend at the 4 Corners Regional ).

I plan on making up for the lack of shooting with this upcoming season.

Choctaw

I was hit with a real lack of motivation to get out late last year that kept me from shooting.  As soon as I got over that another round of my cluster headaches started in late January, and unfortunately I can't shoot when those are going on.  That cycle has finally ended and I hope to get out and shoot tomorrow for the first time since Sept.  Really looking forward to it. 

Archived