SASS Wire Forum

WTB Ithaca Model 37

According to Ithaca, it's a 1966. Great shape, a bit of scuffing at the end of barrel. Previous owner had a funky front sight and I replaced it with the proper brass bead. Put one box of shells through (if that much). Bought it to replace the one I wrecked that my late father gave me, but I'm a SASS guy, not a clays or duck guy. would do $525 shipped USPS to your FFL if they'll accept from individuals. Let me know your thoughts.

EPS

13 hours ago, El Prado Slim said:

According to Ithaca, it's a 1966. Great shape, a bit of scuffing at the end of barrel. Previous owner had a funky front sight and I replaced it with the proper brass bead. Put one box of shells through (if that much). Bought it to replace the one I wrecked that my late father gave me, but I'm a SASS guy, not a clays or duck guy. would do $525 shipped USPS to your FFL if they'll accept from individuals. Let me know your thoughts.

EPS

Ithaca shotguns came with a red plastic front sight for a while. Can't remember what they were called though.

1 hour ago, Muley Gil SASS # 57795 said:

Ithaca shotguns came with a red plastic front sight for a while. Can't remember what they were called though.

Yeah, it was a translucent rod thing that lit up in almost any ambient light.  All of my previous Ithacas (and I had six or seven over the years) had brass beads.

6 hours ago, Muley Gil SASS # 57795 said:

Think they were known as Ray-Bar front sights maybe.

I have a Remington Model 17. The forerunner of the Ithaca 37. Still use it for late season dove hunting.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:20 AM, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I have a Remington Model 17. The forerunner of the Ithaca 37. Still use it for late season dove hunting.

I’ve got a 17 that was my grandfathers gun from my earliest memory . The barrel had got bent while duck hunting in Mexico in the middle 60s, so it was put away for years. About a decade later my brother and I decided after much measuring that the barrel would still be legal length even after we were to remove the bent end! I smoked a lot of close in dove with that open choke 20 until my grandfather decided in the 80s he wanted it back for his motor home self defense scattergun. Fast forward another decade and upon my grandfathers passing I again became the keeper of the family Mod 17! Both my sons shot lots of dove with that short little Remington until the boys flew the nest. Today it wears a poly choke and it’s still my favorite 20 gauge pump gun. Its not that beautiful... but to me it’s priceless:wub:

PS... I sleep very well at night with it at arms length from my side of the bed;)

22 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Muley, I'm sorry it has taken so long.  Got into another gun ( a brand new Uberti Outlaw in .45 Colt) and can't afford both, but if I get some more jingle in my jeans I'll be back.

Thanks.

Tom

Oay Muley, I have enough coming in the next week or two, so put me back on the list.  Oe question: is the fore end stock a round one with rings or the later one that is fuller?

BTW, my guy says he can take a gun from any civilian without an FFL as long as you don't live in California.  (One more thing that that state has infringed upon.)

When the time comes I'll get you his phone number so he can give you the details and you can deal directly with him.

Archived