SASS Wire Forum

Diabetic socks

Trigger Mike

I tried dr comfort diabetic socks and they are comfortable and better than normal socks, BUT darn it the heel and bottom wear thin and get holes.  

I need a good sturdy diabetic sock that can hold up to snake boots and mud boots since they are the most comfortable shoe I own.   I can wear them all Day while my dr comfort mini boots hurt after a couple of hours.  

Danger of them being too tight and causing circulation problems.

SWMBO cannot wear anything but diabetic socks now or she has serious problems.:(

I have had the Dr Scholl's socks hold up very well, maybe those will work

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Are Diabetic socks and Compression socks the same thing???

I bought Tommy Copper compression socks at Walgreens, and I love them.

Actually, almost opposite. The diabetic socks are designed with looser top halves and extra padding on the feet.

Forget Doc Ortho. They have the same problem. Really great socks but for the price don't last long. Holes show up real quick. Just my experience. 

Hummm....

Oh...I just got off all my type II diabetes meds, after ten years. Started reading how you can reverse it, and it works. But, it ain't easy. 

But even not being easy...it beats a stick in the eye.

My bottle of metformin has now officially become a target for my .50-90 Shiloh Sharps. 

Yippie Yi Yo Ki Yaaa!!! 

W.K. 

Blue Boy has to wear them. He has had great success with Dr Schols for wear. If you order online they will try to get you to join their "club'> It costa about $18/mo and you get nothing.

Imis

I get my Dr Scholl's at Walmart.

Tried regular boot socks but diabetic socks are more comfortable but I sometimes wear them anyway.   I think my main problem is my feet swell up so much I had to go to the next size up shoe.  Oddly I don't have that problem with snake boots as long as I tie off at the second hole instead of the top hole.  

Archived