SASS Wire Forum

Business is picking up.

Palmetto Traveller

I don't know about the rest of the world but in the last week or so I've had 4 potential new shooters contact me expressing an interest in getting into CAS. It's very encouraging.

My local club held their new shooter day expecting 3 or 4      Had 13.    WOW   Great day         GW

We had two new shooters this month. Both joined SASS. I've had at least 4 people contact me in last two months.

We had seven new shooters at our first club match.  Five others contacted us with interest.  I think people setting at home managed to see some of the sport on Youtube channels and decided to give it a try.  All seven said they'd be back.  

I've 13 new shooters from my classes over winter that want to shoot.  Unfortunately do to current cost of ammo and guns I think most won't make it to the range

Very encouraging that people are discovering CAS.

Once the seed is planted they'll find a way.

;)

At last week's TG meeting at Land Run, Misty Moonshine reported that the SASS office is seeing a significant upswing in new memberships.

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

I've 13 new shooters from mmt classes over winter that want to shoot.  Unfortunately do to current cost of ammo and guns I think most won't make it to the range

Every club needs to find a way to get these folks shooting while we weather this mess.  It won't last forever.  

New shooters are one of our best recruiting tools.  It's great to see the positive increases.  Work hard at recruiting too.  We had 4 visitors at our first match of the season.  We'll have an "Intro to Cowboy Action Shooting" in July on the National Day of the Cowboy.

1 hour ago, Black Hills Barb said:

New shooters are one of our best recruiting tools.  It's great to see the positive increases.  Work hard at recruiting too.  We had 4 visitors at our first match of the season.  We'll have an "Intro to Cowboy Action Shooting" in July on the National Day of the Cowboy.

Great idea, Barb!!!

Maybe we can get our clubs across the WORLD to do the same on that day??

There were a couple of “prospects” hanging out with my posse last Sunday.  One has been emailing me and Scarlett.  He’s already loading .38 Special so assuming he has primers laid by it should be an easy transition.

He asked where we buy clothing.  From Kitty’s Kloset, of course!

9 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

What exactly is a new shooter day? 

Simple.  We advertise at gun shows and LGS to invite people interested in cowboy shooting.   The club members explain about SASS,  question and answer period. Maybe videos.  Followed by range time with guns provided by club members for those without or not enough.    GW

Archived