SASS Wire Forum

Yes, they let me in.

Lawdog Dago Dom

The bank wants you masked to enter. 

Bizarro World.

Up is down, hot is cold, etc.

Soon I will be stopping at green lights.

Why do I feel Allen Funt is near?

CommerceBandit.jpg

While our local town had a mask ordinances,  the bank closed their lobbies.  Drive through only. 

Last summer we stopped in at a gun and pawn shop the had a sign on the door, NO MASK ALLOWED, shirt an hat optional.  I thought about it a bit and could see their point.  The business was ran by an elderly husband and wife.  It was located just off the main highway.  Their inventory of guns, gold, jewelry,  etc would be an attractive target.  The security cameras wouldn't possibly be able to make a positive i.d. a robber. 

When I asked Stacey, the bank teller this morning, what she’d do if I came in without a mask and she said she wouldn’t know me and think they were being robbed. We’ve known her for about about 26 years. She’s not a fan of the mask.

I went to the bank in January to get a cashiers check. The lady that was herding people at the door was talking with me and I said I never thought I would see the day where I would be able to come into a bank wearing a mask to get money. She laughed and said she didn’t either. I asked if I could get some free samples since everything I had seen on TV and in movies indicated that guys with masks got free money. She laughed, nervously, then said “No!”

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

While our local town had a mask ordinances,  the bank closed their lobbies.  Drive through only. 

Last summer we stopped in at a gun and pawn shop the had a sign on the door, NO MASK ALLOWED, shirt an hat optional.  I thought about it a bit and could see their point.  The business was ran by an elderly husband and wife.  It was located just off the main highway.  Their inventory of guns, gold, jewelry,  etc would be an attractive target.  The security cameras wouldn't possibly be able to make a positive i.d. a robber. 

But I'll bet the body of the would be robber could be identified.  I wonder if that would fly in court.

My Bank has you wear a mask But you can't wear a hat.

Largo

46 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

My Bank has you wear a mask But you can't wear a hat.

Largo

.... or sunglasses.

My credit union has had a person stationed at the front entrance: no hats, no sunglasses, customers have to briefly drop their mask in front of the ATM camera, and...for awhile...they were checking drivers licenses. Have had the no hat/no sunglasses at some of the LGSs. Some of the LGSs will verbally say "you don't have to wear a mask in here if you don't want to..." 

Masking up here in Ontario Canada is mandatory.

Big signs at the doors of grocery and liquor stores telling people it's a Provincial law. Person at the door will ask you to mask up, if you aren't.

If you don't, you can be issued a citation worth big $$$$

Grocery stores have hand sanitizer at the entrance and exits, marks on the floors reminding people to stay 2 meters apart.

At the moment, we are in a lockdown and only the grocery stores are supposed to be open. 

Hospital ICUs are filled up in the hot spots and patients they can move are being sent to other cities for care.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:18 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I went to the bank in January to get a cashiers check. The lady that was herding people at the door was talking with me and I said I never thought I would see the day where I would be able to come into a bank wearing a mask to get money. She laughed and said she didn’t either. I asked if I could get some free samples since everything I had seen on TV and in movies indicated that guys with masks got free money. She laughed, nervously, then said “No!”

Smart move omitting the "and armed" part. 

I walked into my bank the other day with a mask on and a concealed S&W .38 spl. I always feels kind of strange but then again I’ve always carried in the bank even before Covid masks. There’s no sign banning guns so I carry,

Archived