SASS Wire Forum

Conversion Cylinder Storage

Dutch Wheeler

So, after much internal debating with myself, I decided to order conversion cylinders from Taylors & Co. for my Remington New Model Army Percussion Pistols. 

Since they represent a significant investment, I was on the lookout for some sort of a storage devise to store and protect them when they were not installed in the pistols.

I finally came across a very nice,  ZIPPERED LEATHER POUCH on Amazon for only $15.00!

Adding a 2" piece of foam, the cylinders are a perfect fit, keeping the backer plates and cylinders together and well protected.

Conversion Cylinder Pouch.jpg

Spray 'em down with ballistol before storing them.

Next time you use 'em, wipe 'em down with a paper towel, and install 'em in yor guns.

Keeps the rust away & the firing pins loose

--Dawg

Careful that the leather doesn't cause them to rust.

I have been buying small SnapLock plastic food storage containers to use around the reloading room.  the small sizes are great for bullets, round balls, and other small items.  They are stackable and the lids are reasonably secure.

They even make a size just about right to hold a conversion cylinder.

Wrap them in rust prevention paper.

Depending on how the leather was tanned, the interior of the pouch may cause rust.  

PLUS ONE to Sedalia Dave.  Give em a nice oil wipe then wrap in rust preventive paper.

Archived