SASS Wire Forum

Anyone use it?

I am a big fan of Windex (with vinegar) or a generic version but had this KG-1 carbon remover recommended sometime back and have been giving it a try.  I have been very impressed with its removal of  barrel "residue", be it with smokeless or BP...and with the Hitech coated bullets I use.  Seems less patches needed for same results as expected from Windex.

Billy .... never heard of KG-1 .... and have probably 20 products in the cabinet

Go To’s:

Smokeless ... Eezox

Black Powder .... Lehigh Valley Lube and Cleaner

54 minutes ago, John Boy said:

Billy .... never heard of KG-1 .... and have probably 20 products in the cabinet

Go To’s:

Smokeless ... Eezox

Black Powder .... Lehigh Valley Lube and Cleaner

Brisco recommended it to me so got a bottle.  Seems like a very simple product that works.

KG does make some fine products.

Like you John, I have so many bore cleaners but truthfully, seems this KG-1 and Windex/v are my real "go to" ones.  If copper fowling was issue then choices would of course change.

I have been using Simplegreen on both my BP muskets and my smokeless arms.  It is cheep and works well. 

KG-1 Carbon Cleaner, KG-12 Copper Remover, and G-96 CLP have been my go-to for a couple of years now.

Got rid of everything else.

The KG products simply work better than anything else.

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

KG-1 Carbon Cleaner, KG-12 Copper Remover, and G-96 CLP have been my go-to for a couple of years now.

Got rid of everything else.

The KG products simply work better than anything else.

H,

Do you find use of KG 12 much with your CAS guns or just use it with jacketed bullet guns?

The KG 9 LeatherKote is excellent to slick up one's holsters also.

bb

A friend put me onto the KG1 years ago and I still use it regularly especially when I don't want the smell of Hoppes.  It's VERY low odor in comparison.   You can use it just about anywhere anytime without stinking up the place.

The KG1 is an excellent hard carbon cleaner and is great for cleaning out rifle and pistol barrels, chambers and cylinders. 

Its general cleaning ability is pretty good, but the Hoppes still does a slightly better job for wipe downs and stain removal.

Hey, cousin Billy Boots, You don't have to clean them guns. Course every so often you have to go to a smaller caliber to get it to chamber. I'm down to a .22 now.

1 hour ago, Rebel Bill said:

Hey, cousin Billy Boots, You don't have to clean them guns. Course every so often you have to go to a smaller caliber to get it to chamber. I'm down to a .22 now.

You be right Cous, but Sassy likes them clean guns.:rolleyes:

The entire line of KG cleaning products works pretty well.  I took some of the KG12 copper remover as well as a few of the other more well known copper solvents, put them into vials, and dropped a Barnes TSX in each. 3 days later you could actually measure a difference in the diameter of the one that had been in the KG12.  I’d still be using the entire line if it weren’t for the fact that Boretec products work just as well and are easier for me to get my hands on. 

Archived