SASS Wire Forum

Where did you move my paypal post to

Outlaw Gambler

Hey moderator, here in the sass wire you show moving my post to the sass wire. maybe I am still upset enough to not be thinking straight but will whom ever moved it please explain where the heck you put it since this IS the sass wire where it was originally posted and since you moved it to the sass wire it should be here. But it is not.

Pale Wolf, I would like for you to tell me exactly what specific guideline I broke when I posted about pay pal.

Just a guess...

•    Personal attacks on members, cyber bullying, libel comments or bashing/slandering of businesses, organizations, individuals or corporations will not be tolerated. Threads deemed to be an attempt to “stir the fire” or are looking for support on their attack will be removed without warning. If you have an issue with a particular organization, business, or corporation, please contact them directly. If you have an issue with a member, please contact a moderator or administrator. 

Lumpy has it!

+1

To me it read more like a warning for gun people to stay away from PayPal so they don't get their finances put on hold forever. There was though, a reference to Biden that might have been suspect.

Paypal is anti gun and we need to know that and remember that so we don't find ourselves in a pickle.

4 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

To me it read more like a warning for gun people to stay away from PayPal so they don't get their finances put on hold forever. There was though, a reference to Biden that might have been suspect.

Paypal is anti gun and we need to know that and remember that so we don't find ourselves in a pickle.

That's the way I took it also. IMO, the thread didn't need to disappear, it needed to be pinned at the top. If I recall correctly, there was a SASS "approved" PayPal warning pinned in the Classifieds at one time.

It is, and always has been, against PayPal's terms of service to use PayPal for firearms. No need to bash a car for not being a truck. I didn't see the original post, but if the complaint wasn't related to the sale of a firearm, then I'll see myself out. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, C.N. Double said:

It is, and always has been, against PayPal's terms of service to use PayPal for firearms. No need to bash a car for not being a truck. I didn't see the original post, but if the complaint wasn't related to the sale of a firearm, then I'll see myself out. :ph34r:

I don't consider this a post where somebody was "bashing a car because it is not a truck" as you say. Not everyone can remember all the fine print of any contractual obligation. I took the OP's post as only trying to be helpful to other cowboy and SASS members here. Nothing more.

And I for one, who occasionally still uses Paypal, appreciated the reminder.

I took the original post as a cautionary tale. If memory serves, it was about parts for a 97 and not a complete shooter. I didn't see anything in PayPal policy about parts. If memory still is holding, I think you can buy parts on Fleabay, which for the moment still uses PayPal.

Do I have that right?

I screwed up about a year ago buying some used reloading dies. In the notes section of the paypal transaction like a dummy I put the caliber of the dies I was buying and almost got the seller in big trouble. I think they just put a twenty-four hour hold on him and wrote him a nasty note. I felt really bad. So yes a reminder for dummies like me that don't think about the fact that the algorithms they use will pick up stuff like .45 even though you aren't selling or buying a firearm they will flag it.

For those looking to transfer money directly and instantly I highly recommend using Venmo.  I used this with a pard from the forum to purchase a Ruger Vaquero. He had the payment within seconds while we were on the phone.  I’m not affiliated in any way I just think it’s a great service.

I would suggest rewriting it strictly as an "informational post" regarding PayPal's firearm and parts policies (without the political commentary) and reposting it in the Classified's section where it belongs.

The relocation from the original location (and back) and subsequent "disappearance" was caused by a program glitch...besides the content not complying with the referenced Wire guidelines.

If you disagree with an action taken by a moderator, please contact the Wire Forum Administrator. 

3rd "bullet point" in the SASS Wire Guidelines "General Rules of Conduct"

Archived