SASS Wire Forum

WTB: .38-55 brass

Looking for some .38-55 brass to hold me until Starline gets caught up with production. Ideally, I’d like to buy 20-40+ rounds of Starline long (2.125”) .38-55, but I’ll take anything I can find at this point. If anyone has some they can spare, please let me know and we’ll work it out. Thanks!!

—Doc Altman

If anyone had enough to spare, I'm looking for one round of 3-.55 loaded as a blank. No powder, could even have a spent primer. Just brass and lead. I want it for my gunbelt to put in center of loops as John Wayne did with a 45-70 round. I just got a Duke rig to replace my B Western that shrunk. I'd be gald to pay whatever it's worth plus shipping.

i was looking for some a while back with no luck  So I posted an add on other forums looking for ammo and found several boxes that were about the same cost as the components!  Not that they were cheap, but I do not recall the price for positive but in the $1 a round neighborhood!

1 hour ago, Filthy Harry, SASS #24924 said:

If anyone had enough to spare, I'm looking for one round of 3-.55 loaded as a blank. No powder, could even have a spent primer. Just brass and lead. I want it for my gunbelt to put in center of loops as John Wayne did with a 45-70 round. I just got a Duke rig to replace my B Western that shrunk. I'd be gald to pay whatever it's worth plus shipping.

Filthy,

Give me a little time to get my components together and I’ll send you one. Just remind me in a couple of weeks. 

—Doc

DOC, i HAVE 40 EACH SHIPPED FOR $50.00 IF YOUR INTERESTED. Length 2.245, W-W once fired & deprimed_polished.

HAPPY TRAILS

QDG/Mike

5 hours ago, Quick Draw Granpaw #48525 said:

DOC, i HAVE 40 EACH SHIPPED FOR $50.00 IF YOUR INTERESTED. Length 2.245, W-W once fired & deprimed_polished.

HAPPY TRAILS

QDG/Mike

QDG,

I'm dropping by a gun shop Friday.  They supposedly have a bag.  If that doesn't work out, I'll yell back at you.  Thanks!

--Doc

Doc, did you find some? Well let me know if your still interested, I'll even lower the price to 40 each For $40. bucks as I have

no need for the brass. Pay Pal appreciated.

Happy trails

QDG/Mike

QDG,

Thank you!  I sincerely appreciate the offer, but another member (who shall remain nameless because he sent me a PM---Thanks, Ad!) offered to send me some, so I should be in good shape for load experimentation until I can get some from Starline.

Thanks again!

--Doc 

DOC, Glad you covered your bases.

Happy trails

QDG/Mike

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Doc Altman SASS#74468 said:

Filthy,

Give me a little time to get my components together and I’ll send you one. Just remind me in a couple of weeks. 

—Doc

On 4/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, Filthy Harry, SASS #24924 said:

Hey Filthy Harry,

I finally got some lead .38-55 lead delivered.  PM me your address and I'll get a dummy .38-55 round headed your way.

--Doc

Archived