SASS Wire Forum

Nice decoration or no?

Rye Miles #13621

1 minute ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ flower vase ? ......

Wrong !:lol:

My Grandfather had one in the kitchen He smoked Stogies and used it frequently! I bought this one in honor of him!!;)

A spittoon?

I was at a hotel once years ago that had umbrellas in spittoons near the front exit. I asked the clerk why they used spittoons for umbrellas and learned very quickly that they didn’t know they were spittoons. It was pretty funny, actually. The looks these people had on their faces. :D

One of the first bits of opera I learned. My father taught it to me. It's from Carmen.

Toreadoro don't spit on the floor

Use the cuspidor

That'sa what it's for

Great decoration. Very nice!

And, it will be useful when someone enters the kitchen with a wet umbrella.

Yes!!!!!! :D

1 minute ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Nice, Rye.

You may not intend on "using" it, but do you have grandkids? :blink:

Yea but they’re old enough to know better!:P

Rye walks into a bar without a penny to his name and really needs a drink. He tells Bottles, the bartender that in exchange for a shot of whisky he’ll take a drink out of a spittoon and the bartender agrees. Rye picks up the spittoon and starts drinking. Glug, glug, glug, glug and slams the spittoon down. The bartender pours the shot of whiskey and Rye guzzles it. Bottles then asks why he drank so much of the spittoon and Rye says that he couldn’t stop swallowing because it was all one, long string.

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Kitchen decoration, No I don't use it!!:lol:

IMG_2456.JPG

Curious Rye, where did you find it?  SCJ

We have one sitting on our fireplace  hearth

I had one next to the fireplace in my frat house bedroom.  Unfortunately, after a couple years of guys tossing the dregs of beer cans, cigarette butts, and firecrackers into the danged thing the bottom finally blew out.  :huh:

We have one. It’s where all the spare change goes. When it’s full, I’ll take the Mrs. out to dinner. And yes, she gets to go out otherwise... this one is a freebie! :FlagAm:

National Park Service looking for volunteers to kill bison at the Grand Canyon | Arizona News | azfamily.com

8 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Rye walks into a bar without a penny to his name and really needs a drink. He tells Bottles, the bartender that in exchange for a shot of whisky he’ll take a drink out of a spittoon and the bartender agrees. Rye picks up the spittoon and starts drinking. Glug, glug, glug, glug and slams the spittoon down. The bartender pours the shot of whiskey and Rye guzzles it. Bottles then asks why he drank so much of the spittoon and Rye says that he couldn’t stop swallowing because it was all one, long string.

I was about to share a version with hobos on a train, but you pretty much covered it!

Archived