SASS Wire Forum

Randy Quaid

Raylan

Reportedly considering a run for governor of CA. No comments  or thoughts regarding the politics of the matter or Mr. Quaid personally. He does however have perhaps potentially the greatest built in campaign slogan of any candidate in history....................in reference to the film National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and cousin Eddie. Which is dang hilarious given the typical history of corruption in politics, but which potential slogan I can't post here as it contains a mild vulgarity. 

I just imagine thousands of billboards and bumper stickers and tv and radio comercials with the slogan emblazoned or used as a tag line for cleaning up politics.

Quail went off the rails years ago. But so what? At least he’d be entertaining. :lol:

6 hours ago, Raylan said:

Reportedly considering a run for governor of CA. No comments  or thoughts regarding the politics of the matter or Mr. Quaid personally. He does however have perhaps potentially the greatest built in campaign slogan of any candidate in history....................in reference to the film National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and cousin Eddie. Which is dang hilarious given the typical history of corruption in politics, but which potential slogan I can't post here as it contains a mild vulgarity. 

I just imagine thousands of billboards and bumper stickers and tv and radio comercials with the slogan emblazoned or used as a tag line for cleaning up politics.

This one?

D15C2E53-AFD0-4C91-B608-44E8E17B2C15.jpeg

I would think anything would be an improvement or Newsome even Kaitlyn!!:o

He/She/It is better than what we have now in CA... by a long shot.
At least He/She/It is a staunch Republican.

More important:  recalling Newsom will kill his aspirations to be President.

Quaid or Jenner or my cat's litter box would be better than Newsome, so there's that.

Somehow I think the voters of CA may surprise us all by voting someone in who is even worse than Newsome, I'm sure there will be at least a couple of candidates.

I am waiting for someone to pull a rabbit out of their hat and use some obscure law to thwart this effort. 

I would say more, but this is a family forum and it would violate the political speech rules. 

19 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am waiting for someone to pull a rabbit out of their hat and use some obscure law to thwart this effort. 

I would say more, but this is a family forum and it would violate the political speech rules. 

they are a special place that requires you prove you have a voter registration to be counted to recall the governor, but not to elect him in the first place...

19 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Whackyfornia is about as liberal as you can be. 3 Counties elect the Governor. San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco which are terminally liberal. They may elect a different governor but they will be a liberal.

You are correct. Thats why we have the Electoral College at the federal level. 

2 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Our local paper ran an article on non-politico candidates expressing the fact that they may be popular icons, but don't have any idea on how to helm a government:blush:

Neither do the people in office now.

Archived