SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a fair price... Folks thanks so much for your input on this. My pard has sold them. Again thanks!!

Folks I have a friend looking to sell (not here) a pair of Ruger Vaqueros. They are the SASS guns in 4 3/4" SS. Shot very little. They have a Jimmy Spurs action job!! He is looking for a fair price and not sure what to ask. He has a shooter in his area interested. What say you. If any one here is interested I will give you his info.

I gave 1850 shipped for a pair of stainless Bisley Vaqueros this winter....some action work...but nor Jimmy’s fine work. Didn’t think I got hurt for the way things are now

I just purchased 2 factory 45 New Vaqueros SS 4.75” NOT SASS  one new ....one fired a few times. I have $900.00 each in them and they have NO action work done. That’s where the current market is and you have to find them just to Get a chance to buy them. 

1 hour ago, Tom Payne 13115 said:

Folks I have a friend looking to sell (not here) a pair of Ruger Vaqueros. They are the SASS guns in 4 3/4" SS. Shot very little. They have a Jimmy Spurs action job!! He is looking for a fair price and not sure what to ask. He has a shooter in his area interested. What say you. If any one here is interested I will give you his info.

A local El Patron cowboy was selling exactly the same (Jimmy et. all) with the bonus of consecutive SN set 3 months ago and asking 2k; I regret not getting them at that price.  Just my .02 on the topic.

43 minutes ago, Joeronimo Caffiend said:

A local El Patron cowboy was selling exactly the same (Jimmy et. all) with the bonus of consecutive SN set 3 months ago and asking 2k; I regret not getting them at that price.  Just my .02 on the topic.

All SASS sets are consecutive. 

I would say $2k would be a good price for the pistols.  Anything less would be a great deal for a set of JS tuned pistols.

Just search the classifieds here for recent sales or go to Jimmy Spurs web page a look what a new set would cost you to have built.  

Totes

In today's world one would be hard pressed to find a completely stock set of ruger sass 357's for under $2000.00 (I know there are exceptions). Add $800.00 for JS full race action ( current price, just paid it this month). Throw in another $120.00 for shipping with insurance to and from VT. The math is pretty easy. $2000.00 is weighted towards the buyer and $2920.00 is weighted towards the seller. A fair price is somewhere between the two.

• Tom Payne 13115 changed the title to Looking for a fair price... Folks thanks so much for your input on this. My pard has sold them. Again thanks!!

Archived