SASS Wire Forum

You often see on the SASS wire and elsewhere "pardon me if I ask a stupid question" or "I hope this is not a stupid question".

This reminds me of the old axiom "there are no stupid questions.  There are only stupid people asking questions."

It kind of irks me when people say “Can I ask you a stupid question?”

My usual response is “You just did.” then I go about my business, ignoring them. 

Anyone who says "There is no such thing as a stupid question" has never worked in law enforcement...

Conversation twixt TN Williams and Widder:

TN:  Hey Widder, can I ask you a stupid question?

Widder:   Have you ever ask me any other kind?

:lol:

TN:  Well, maybe one of these days you'll know the answer.

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

if someone needs an answer then the question is not 'stupid' its necessary , i get it that some that dont know feel a bit less informed than those they are asking , but , isnt it smart to ask those that do know ? how else do we learn ? 

ill add that there is so much i dont know that im not even smart enough yet to know i need to ask but ill get there - then ill ask , it is how i learn and i know there are a lot of you that know more than i do , 

It would be better not to preface your question like that if you are wanting an answer. "I'm stupid since I have to ask this" is setting yourself up.

In a similar vein, unless you are secure in yourself, do not tell anyone of the truly stupid things you have done like sticking your finger in a light socket that has power, robbing a bank and leaving the keys in your locked getaway car, or doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!

It’s been said that doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome is insanity.

We all wake up every day,(generally).

We all go to sleep every night, (again, a generalization).

It is doubtful that one sees the same thing occur every day!!:o :lol:

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!

It’s been said that doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome is insanity.

We all wake up every day,(generally).

We all go to sleep every night, (again, a generalization).

It is doubtful that one sees the same thing occur every day!!:o :lol:

Yes, .... but are you expecting a different outcome .......... or just hoping for it .....   :mellow:

43 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Yes, .... but are you expecting a different outcome .......... or just hoping for it .....   :mellow:

I’m EXPECTING a different outcome!!  Matter of fact, it’s like every day it’s a new world!! 

B)

I don’t think I could handle much of SS, DD!!

We raised ostrich for a while and I had a seemingly intelligent man ask me "Do the baby ostrich eat for them selves after hatching or do they have to nurse for a while?"

On 4/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, DeaconKC said:

Anyone who says "There is no such thing as a stupid question" has never worked in law enforcement...

Especially in the traffic division.  

cant go this way.jpg

Conversation twixt Widder and TN Williams:

Widder:   Hey TN, can I ask you a STUPID question?

TN:   Sure.  Always glad to help.

Widder:   Why did the chicken cross the road?

Dang if he didn't know.   That feller knows answers to all the stupid questions.... :lol:

..........Widder

When you put on your socks, do you align the toe stripe at your toes and then have the heel up on your Achilles tendon, or, do you align the heel and have floppy stuff at your toes.  Been wondering about this for decades.

5 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

When you put on your socks, do you align the toe stripe at your toes and then have the heel up on your Achilles tendon, or, do you align the heel and have floppy stuff at your toes.  Been wondering about this for decades.

Buy socks that fit! 

Widder told you I knew everything...

Archived