SASS Wire Forum

Bobcat Nests

3 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

He might get a little cut up if momma osprey sees him there.

I was thinking maybe an eagle?

4 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I was thinking maybe an eagle?

More than likely an osprey.  Classic look to it. All the eagle nests I see are bigger and higher.

55 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

More than likely an osprey.  Classic look to it. All the eagle nests I see are bigger and higher.

That's what I thought also. Hard to tell but the bushes look like they may be mangroves.

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The real question is how far can you yeet a bobcat

Had to research this a little. Yes after throwing the Bobcat he pulls his concealed carry firearm. Eventually he shoots and kills the bobcat because its behaving abnormally. Later testing revealed that the bobcat had rabies.

https://www.wect.com/2021/04/16/watch-nc-man-throws-rabid-bobcat-after-it-attacks-wife-wild-video/

“I’m not happy that this happened, we don’t take any pleasure that I shot the cat” Happy said. “I knew when I realized it was a bobcat, having been born and raised in Eastern North Carolina and hunting all my life, you know, that’s just not normal.”

It was later confirmed the Bobcat did have rabies.

“In my head, I knew it had already attacked two people. If it had attacked somebody else and I didn’t do something, morally it would have bothered me for a long time,” Happy said. “It was hurting my wife and I didn’t want it to.”

Once again a good guy with a gun eliminates a threat. :)

i think it might be worth a video cam to cover the action when the builder revisits that nest if that cat is still there , i was also thinking eagle but ive also seen the osprey make theirs that big , nether would be fun to deal with if mad , but then that cat when mad would not be fun either - just sayin , 

Hey Ozzy's, do Drop Bears build nests like that?

Archived