SASS Wire Forum

No! This is not a Shotgun

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Looks like all were inside the scoring rings.  Where’s the problem?

I've seen several cop shows where the dead guy's chest showed a grouping like that, and they were all talking about what a nice tight group that was, and how obviously the shooter was an expert.

Had one a couple weeks ago that was worse!  Learned a lesson about crimping plated bullets a little too much and firing in a Glock.        GW

Just now, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Based on the photo it looks like 17 1/2 inches.  About SASS distance at a lot of shoots.

When did they start moving the targets back out?

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I've seen several cop shows where the dead guy's chest showed a grouping like that, and they were all talking about what a nice tight group that was, and how obviously the shooter was an expert.

Well if you can shoot a group like that when someone is shooting at you I'd say that pretty darn good shooting.

1 minute ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Not one of my better days. Came out of my virtual M1Garand, shooting 150 grain copper jacket at 50 yards, off hand. 

It was my first dance with the little lady. 

But it did go PING!

All my firearms are virtual firearms, except the ones that went down with the boat. 

8 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What's a virtual Garand?  Were you playing some kind of video game?

-_- I fired fifty (50) shots from my SSA in .45 Colt at 40 yards and could cover ever shot with a quarter.  :o

Cost me $12.50 in quarters to cover every shot.  :blush:

A chain is a unit of measure equal to 66 feet.  Looks like the shots are inside 2% of a chain.

FWIW (probably not much)

80 chains = 1 mile

10 sq chains = 1 acre

A chain is about the length of a mobile home, so picturing mobile homes stretched end to end helps estimate the average of a field.

43 minutes ago, Tom Bullweed said:

A chain is a unit of measure equal to 66 feet.  Looks like the shots are inside 2% of a chain.

FWIW (probably not much)

80 chains = 1 mile

10 sq chains = 1 acre

A chain is about the length of a mobile home, so picturing mobile homes stretched end to end helps estimate the average of a field.

A cricket pitch is exactly one chain long.

Knowing how popular Cricket is in the USA I am sure you can picture it now:rolleyes:

In the game of cricket, the cricket pitch consists of the central strip of the cricket field between the wickets. It is 22 yd (20.12 m) long (1 chain) and 10 ft (3.05 m) wide.

I usually fire nice tight groups.
Went to a concealed carry match.
Addressed a bowling pin rack at less than fifteen feet.
I could not BUY a hit!
Next day went to the range.
Same size targets, same distance, same sidearm, same ammo, I was hitting the Ace of Spades every shot.

I concluded it was a mechanical issue.

Something to do with the loose nut attached to the grip!

BMC, never knew what hit him. That's what counts.

Archived