SASS Wire Forum

Is anyone using the Disney Plus streaming service and how do you like it?

Chantry

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and I'm wondering if I should add Disney Plus to the streaming services I pay for.

27 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

I have that we use it a bit. Star wars , marvel and all you want Disney. Try peacock. Free

It's the Star Wars and Marvel that I am primarily interested in, I was very unhappy that Disney + has chosen NOT to release the various tar Wars and Marvel series on DVD/Blu Ray

Ebay for dvd/ bluray and vudu for digital collection

Ebay gets you original where Han shot.

(Han shot first implies Greedo even got off a shot)

it isn't bad, for a few more bucks you can get the Hulu bundle.

All the starwars (except for the 1978 holiday special) and marvel, including all the new stuff (Mandalorian, falcon and the winter soldier, upcoming obi wan series, etc).  Worth it to me... it feeds my geek fueled viewing appetite.

Broke down and got Disney +

Saw nothing on Hulu of any real interest and ESPN is so busy being "woke" that I refuse to give them any money

Everybody is coming out with a plus channel now, Disney, Discovery, AMC, Samsung TV, HBO, etc etc . A dizzying amount of “special” programming now.

“We’re glad you like our programs. But wait, there’s more. Now just give us some more money

No wonder some folks become couch potatoes.
One wonders where it will end.

17 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Everybody is coming out with a plus channel now, Disney, Discovery, AMC, Samsung TV, HBO, etc etc . A dizzying amount of “special” programming now.

“We’re glad you like our programs. But wait, there’s more. Now just give us some more money

I do use it on the laptop for the grandkids

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Five years from I expect 80% of the streaming services will no longer be around.  The survivors, which will almost certainly include  Disney, Netflix & Amazon Prime will fill the gap between broadcast TV and the movies by producing shows that are too good for broadcast TV and not quite good enough for the movies, much like Band of Brothers and The Pacific on HBO.

34 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Five years from I expect 80% of the streaming services will no longer be around.  The survivors, which will almost certainly include  Disney, Netflix & Amazon Prime will fill the gap between broadcast TV and the movies by producing shows that are too good for broadcast TV and not quite good enough for the movies, much like Band of Brothers and The Pacific on HBO.

Broadcast TV has been going downhill rapidly the past few years.  The number of viewers has plummetted.  Movies are in real peril as a result of the pandemic.  In order to survive the studios have released movies on the streaming services at the same time as their theatrical release and people are getting use to watching movies at home.

We have it. The grandkids watch it all the time. I like the Star Wars and Marvel series.

11 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Broadcast TV has been going downhill rapidly the past few years.  The number of viewers has plummetted.  Movies are in real peril as a result of the pandemic.  In order to survive the studios have released movies on the streaming services at the same time as their theatrical release and people are getting use to watching movies at home.

The only two broadcast shows I still follow are NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles, more because I like the chemistry of both casts, than the quality of the stories which has dropped some, although after so much time on the air, it is hard to come up with brand new ideas & stories.

I wonder how many movie theaters will never re-open.  I had already gotten used to watching movies long before Covid came along and I think a lot more people won't be going back, especially as movie companies will increasingly start to release new movies in the theaters and the streaming services at the same time.  With the average ticket price by me of $9 per adult, if one person see 10 movies a year,  they've paid for the streaming service and that doesn't include the cost of over priced snacks or people with children.

2 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I wonder how many movie theaters will never re-open.  

I think the only theatres that "MIGHT" survive are those that offer dining with the movie.  More restaurant than movie theatre.  I've seen a couple of those and it's a neat prospect.  Much lower numbers of patrons.

45 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I think the only theatres that "MIGHT" survive are those that offer dining with the movie.  More restaurant than movie theatre.  I've seen a couple of those and it's a neat prospect.  Much lower numbers of patrons.

I checked after I posted and the theater nearest to me has re-opened with the expected Covid requirements.  I also noticed that they have nothing that I am interested in and I don't think there is anything coming this year that would make me want to go to a theater.  Too loud and too many people.

Archived