SASS Wire Forum

Found a unicorn

Buckshot Bob

Same price as Midway, they had ‘em for about 4.5 nanoseconds online (snagged small pistol ones) and you saved the Hazmat fee too.   It’s not a complete snipe hunt.  

I was dropping off some antlers at a taxidermist near this store and just decided to stop . They are a good sized family business with 2 locations and have never gouged people that I know of “hopefully this price is not the new norm”. They only had sp and lp cci , but at least it looks like newly produced product so hopefully the pipeline is at least getting wet again 

1 hour ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Same price as Midway, they had ‘em for about 4.5 nanoseconds online (snagged small pistol ones) and you saved the Hazmat fee too.   It’s not a complete snipe hunt.  

I have a ? . I have a email notification set for every primer they stock . I never got one . How do you know they had them ? 

I have got a notification for them discontinuing all the sleeves of 5000 from every mfg , so I guess the are limiting to 1000 ? 
I’ve seen where they are limiting on powder also , not sure I would want to pay hazmat for a pound of powder or a 1000 primers but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

I have got some powder from Midsouth and Brownells and they didn’t have the Midway limit 

Perhaps most importantly,  you have them.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I have a ? . I have a email notification set for every primer they stock . I never got one . How do you know they had them ? 

I have got a notification for them discontinuing all the sleeves of 5000 from every mfg , so I guess the are limiting to 1000 ? 
I’ve seen where they are limiting on powder also , not sure I would want to pay hazmat for a pound of powder or a 1000 primers but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

I have got some powder from Midsouth and Brownells and they didn’t have the Midway limit 

Neither did I ,  I got one earlier for Shotgun primers, and in the 3 minutes between the email and cart they were gone.  I the looked at all primers and saw CCI’S, but although it let me put them in my cart, it went away at check out.   I also lurk on ammoseek.com.   Shotgun showed up later, no notice, so I snagged them,  a couple hours later again just luckily while on the page SPP’s still showed mixed availability, so I got those too.   But no notifications.  

3 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Neither did I ,  I got one earlier for Shotgun primers, and in the 3 minutes between the email and cart they were gone.  I the looked at all primers and saw CCI’S, but although it let me put them in my cart, it went away at check out.   I also lurk on ammoseek.com.   Shotgun showed up later, no notice, so I snagged them,  a couple hours later again just luckily while on the page SPP’s still showed mixed availability, so I got those too.   But no notifications.  

Same here, no notification for anything.

I was set up on Midway for notification when Federal Primers were in stock. I got an e-mail yesterday saying they are "Discontinued". :(

8 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I was set up on Midway for notification when Federal Primers were in stock. I got an e-mail yesterday saying they are "Discontinued". :(

I got a bunch for sleeves of 5000 but none for 1000

2 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Same here, no notification for anything.

It feels like stalking on the websites.  Or trying to hunt snipes and other mythical beasts....   

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I got a bunch for sleeves of 5000 but none for 1000

The 5000 were discontinued, but they made a new SKU for the new packaging and for the 1000’s. 

2 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

hunt snipes and other mythical beasts

That is exactly what this is.  Notifications dont seem to work, or by the time the notifications hit your email and you check the website they are already sold out.  I managed to get some caps, but only because I happened to check the website and caught it at the right time.  Still hoping lightning strikes again, this time with some primers.

i have not found reasonable small pistol primers , save for a few hundred , in the last year so i guess you scored - ill hold out for restabilization , but i do need a whole bunch so color me green with envy at this point , 

Grafs has an abundance of CCI at $46/m. ....  out of stock.   I think that's up $10 from last fall when they were also out of stock.  

MidwayUSA $75 ....  out of stock. 

I snagged 1/m (limit per customer) Winchester large pistol from MidwayUSA for $36.50 last August.  

The taxidermist called and my mount was done already “just antlers on a plaque” but still a impressive turnaround time .

So I stopped to Jays again this morning. They still had sp , lp primers and now lr and sr in the cci white box . Also had some selection of IMR and accurate powder. So hopefully we’re coming out of this thing . There firearms selection is still dismal , they’ve re arranged the store . I’m assuming to make it look less empty 

All of this makes me like my flintlock even more....  :D :FlagAm:

I keep the Midway site open in a browser.  Was able to get CCI Large Pistol and Remington Large Pistol primers this week.  Missed out on the CCI Small Pistol primers.  By the time I buy one box and send alerts to friends, they are sold out.  They are in stock for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Got to be fast and do not hesitate.

Going price on Midway is $75 to $79 a thousand.  Shipping, Hazmat, and tax pushes to $100 to $110. 

16 hours ago, Buzzard Bayne said:

I keep the Midway site open in a browser.  Was able to get CCI Large Pistol and Remington Large Pistol primers this week.  Missed out on the CCI Small Pistol primers.  By the time I buy one box and send alerts to friends, they are sold out.  They are in stock for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Got to be fast and do not hesitate.

Going price on Midway is $75 to $79 a thousand.  Shipping, Hazmat, and tax pushes to $100 to $110. 

Nice to know Remington is getting product out there again 

Archived